Mark's or UFO

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cope11

Reaction score
How's everyone doing? I am about to pick up my first Vmax next week. She's a 2000 with a 18'' rear wheel with a 180 tire and some other mods. I'll post pics when I get her home. I've been on this forum for a about a week reading everything I can about the Vmax. Sold my sportbike so I could buy the Vmax. I am torn between the UFO Slash Cut 4-2 and Mark's 4-2 exhaust. The youtube videos on both exhaust systems sound good to me. I am looking for a deep sound that rumbles. I want it somewhat loud but not annoying loud. Anyone on here from Saskatchewan with Vmax's?

I believe the UFO's are one of the loudest systems you can buy. Mark's can be made to your specs and I believe are less expensive. I personally would buy Mark's if I had the money.

I have Mark's 4-2 on my 94. Bill (allisontech) Put UFO's 4-2 on his bike at the last Tech Day we had. Both are Extreme Quality, Both sound great. It's a Toss Up.. Mark will build to any spec you want. Unless I find some UFO's second hand, I'll eventually put Mark's 4-1 on my 89...

BTW: Welcome to the best VMax Site and Family on the Net...

I prefer Marks exhaust, I've had my 4 into 2 SS exhaust for 2 seasons and it still looks and sounds great! Marks Performance Pipes have high quality and excellent workmanship that are second to none. If you want a custom build Mark can do it since he builds each exhaust to the customers spec's (within his design parameters). He is so confident in his work that he will ship the exhaust to you before you have to pay him!
Have a problem? Mark will make it right every time!
:thumbs up:
Mark's exhaust and a Sean Morley Muscle jet kit will net you close to 125 hp at the rear wheel.:punk::punk::punk:

I have the UFO 4 into 2 slaxh cuts and they are loud loud loud and cost more than the Marks plus Marks come all stainless. I feel that you bwill get more for your money with Marks.

I have the UFO 4 into 2 slaxh cuts and they are loud loud loud and cost more than the Marks plus Marks come all stainless. I feel that you bwill get more for your money with Marks.

I'll testify to that, the slash cuts are WAY loud....I've got the original UFO 4-2 and the sound isn't a lick different than the Marks 4-2 with the crossover.

The original UFO's were all stainless, 'cept for the cans which are aluminum. No idea what they are doing now...........

Did I mention the Slash cuts are loud????

If i had to buy them new I'd go with Marks, I got the UFO's used "new in the box" for about half price tho' and have never regretted it.....

I have a UFO system I will be selling. Only about a month old. Nothing wrong with it just like the sound of Marks better.

cope11,
First, welcome to the best V-Max information site on the web !
You're going to love your V-Max ! I was looking for the same thing you were: " a deep sound that rumbles. I want it somewhat loud but not annoying loud." Last fall, I got a set of Mark' Pipes SS 4/2 w/ 14" mufflers.
LOVED THE RUMBLE SOUND & PERFORMANCE GAINS, but the sound was a little too loud for the around-town riding I mostly do. Worked with Mark to get some custom baffels he made that cut the loudness down about 30% ... which made the overall exhaust music ... perfectly sweet for me !
And the nice thing is, when I hang out with the guys on the other side of the state... I can swap out the baffels ( a 5 min job per pipe ) to the straight pipe and be just as loud .... if not louder ... than they are !!!

IMHO, you can't go wrong with Mark's Pipes. My only regret ... not ordering them sooner !!

So much has been said on this subject, I'm just going to say get the Marks and avoid the headache of UFO.

I like the quality of the Marks system,love my 4 2 1
+ im not spending a dime at UFO

when I hang out with the guys on the other side of the state... I can swap out the baffels ( a 5 min job per pipe ) to the straight pipe and be just as loud .... if not louder ... than they are !!!

The guys on the other side of the state:rofl_200: That's some funny stuff Jeff! You best not show up with some baby baffles in that exhaust when you come hang with the west side-rs... Can't wait to hear that beast! That things louder then my HMF's for real?

Baby baffels.... LMAO !!!! :rofl_200:
When riding to Muskegon ...baby baffels will be OUT !
We'll have to check for loudness with a side-by-side check Chuck.
May not be as loud as the HMF's ... but they sure rummble good. :punk:

Baby baffels.... LMAO !!!! :rofl_200:
When riding to Muskegon ...baby baffels will be OUT !
We'll have to check for loudness with a side-by-side check Chuck.
May not be as loud as the HMF's ... but they sure rummble good. :punk:
YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME:confused2:.AFTER WE CHECK FOR WHO IS LOUDER. WE CAN LINE THEM ALL UP AND PULL THE TRIGGER.:biglaugh: NOW THAT WOULD BE LOUD............:punk:........................JUST ME ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STATE.........BILL

WHAT UP SASKATCHEWAN!!!!!!! i ordered a marks 4-2 and its at the post office right now... pick up tomorrow ye ha. welcome to the best forum on the net!!!! ive done a ton of mods and hopefully the exhaust will be the icing on the cake. this bike is a handful. you rode sportbikes that were chain drive... this is a shafty, do not go into a decent corner above 5000 rpms or better while laying on the throttle untill you get used to what the bike will do. it will bite ya if you arent prepared. check out vmax canada on facebook for some western canada gettogethers. cheers!!!!!!

UFO MEGAPHONES sound like a big block Chevy on steroids. I'm more concerned about hp not loudness.. UFO is a great company and stands by their products. i haven't heard a mark's exhaust though. love my UFO exhaust

I have the UFO quads and love them. That being said they where on the bike when I got them so I cant really compare them to anything else.

Jon Cornell (UFO) always designs his products with horsepower in mind. The 4-2 has a cross pattern on the cylinder hook up. Says the max gains 6 to 8 lbs. of torgue between 3k to 5k rpm.

Can only comment on Marks. Love um. Had the header pipes ceramic coated after I bought them 4-2. Changed my mind after they came but liked the look when done. Set off a car alarm last week on a narrow street.
Steve

Back