Maryland VMAX Tech Day 4/28/13

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax2extreme

Reaction score
On Sunday April 28, 2013, I will be hosting a Maryland VMAX tech day at my house. I will be servicing a 1999 Vmax with over 114,000 miles. Here is a list of things that will be done during this tech session:

Drain brake fluids
Replace front/rear calipers with new ones
Fill and bleed front/rear brake lines
Break down front forks to replace seals.
Install new front fork seals & springs
Replace old rear shocks with new ones
Inspect wheel & steering head bearings
drain & replace final drive oil
Remove & replace throttle cables
Adjust throttle cable
If time permits, Carb Sync

This is a great time to learn about your bike and some basic maintenance routines to save you money down the road.

Please respond if your interested in coming out to this event located in Mount Airy, Maryland 21771

Hope some of you can make it........

Glad to see you doing this Michael. Should be a great learning experience / benefit all those attending. :clapping:
Have fun !

Yes Jeff,

It should be a fun day of showing the newbies the ropes of the vmax maintenance. Will have to drink a few and fire up the barbie too for lunch!

Mike

Glad to see you doing this Michael. Should be a great learning experience / benefit all those attending. :clapping:
Have fun !

I would love to go its just to far away. Can someone do a New England tech day please. You can even use my bike for the show. :eusa_dance:

Id love to. Let me see how the next month pans out.

Id love to. Let me see how the next month pans out.

I'm ready when ever you are. I could use stainless steal lines and if I don't have my koso speedo installed yet maybe we can tackle that. I have a friend that is good with electronics and actually any mechanical thing nitrous supercharger. But we can all work on all the bike. Steve O you and I maybe a few more new englanders :punk:

Looks like we are going to have several people for this event.....Very cool!!! :clapping::punk::clapping::punk::clapping::punk::clapping::punk::clapping:

Looks like we are going to have several people for this event.....Very cool!!!

:clapping::punk::clapping::punk::clapping::punk::clapping::punk::clapping:

Only a few days until our MD Tech Day event.

If your planning on attending please send me a pm so I can give you the detailed info.

In! This should be great, I was going to do some of the work listed but always shied away. Seeing it being done will definitely increase my level of confidence.

We will be happy to have you with us. So far there will be about 8 GEN1 vmax'ers there to watch, learn, and just hangout! I will be firing up the BBQ for lunch.....my treat!!!

See you Sunday....weather looks great too!

In! This should be great, I was going to do some of the work listed but always shied away. Seeing it being done will definitely increase my level of confidence.

I would love to go its just to far away. Can someone do a New England tech day please. You can even use my bike for the show. :eusa_dance:
I would love to but I can't get anyone to come for a cook out to far up north I guess:ummm:

Great morning of hanging out and working on bikes. Changed out front/rear calipers & pads....new fluids & replaced throttle upper cables. Good time, good food and great folks....Thanks guys

We will plan to do the front fork seals/springs on our next tech day for those that are interested.

Attachments

• mdtech1-1.jpg
    mdtech1-1.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 21
  • mdtech4-1.jpg
    mdtech4-1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 23
Back