master cylinder query

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich47

Reaction score
Hi all. I hope this isn't one of those questions that has been asked 10,000 times, but as a newish Vmax owner, I need a bit of advice. Basically, I need to replace my clutch master cylinder. I see references to the FJ items being a good upgrade, and I can buy one off a 2009 FJR 1300 for what seems a fair price. Will it definitely fit? Does the fact the FJR has ABS make any difference? Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Nothing wrong with the cylinder workings, but the clamp which holds the unit to the handlebar broke. I managed to strip the thread on the bolt, and when I tried to get it out, one half of the clamp snapped right off:bang head:

Most guys with fjr masters are using the older versions pre-abs. The old ones have a 14mm bore. I can't confirm but I would guess that the abs master has a 15mm bore. Should work. The fact it is off a bike with abs shouldn't make a difference.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Mine are from an '03 FJR and work great with my R1 calipers and should work fine with stock or 6-pots. 14mm bore, I believe.

Back