Master cylinder rebuild

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi guys ,
Im new to the forum and no doubt this has been covered before,
Im working on the braking system , got ss brake lines and a rebuild kit for the master cylinder ,
I took off the dust cap but cant find the ends of the circlip dont see any “eyes” to grab it by am i not looki ng correct or is there another way to get this out?
Thanks in advance

hi guys ,
Im new to the forum and no doubt this has been covered before,
Im working on the braking system , got ss brake lines and a rebuild kit for the master cylinder ,
I took off the dust cap but cant find the ends of the circlip dont see any “eyes” to grab it by am i not looki ng correct or is there another way to get this out?
Thanks in advance

It has eyes on it. Make sure you got ALL of the rubber boot out if there. That rubber boot has a metal band molded into the inside of it that makes it seal inside the bore. Make sure you got that part out of the bottom of the hole. Then the circlip holes should be apparent. Also, sometimes they are hard to see due to buildup of crud that collects in there. A little brake parts cleaner and scraping with a pic may help.

Latest posts

Back