Max blows away Concour 14

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CB2DMax

Reaction score
:clapping:My buddy just got a Kawasaki Concour 14 and thought he'd blow off my '01 V-Max. Not! My Max (Stage 1 carb kit, K&N air filter, and Kerker slips ons) pulled him 1-bike length in 1st, 1/2 bike length in 2nd, 1/2 bike in third, and I was pulling him in 4th when I shut 'er down. That'll teach him.

Did your buddy know you were racing him while all this was going on while you were beside him:confused2:

That's cool, but it kinda shows where the V-Max stands compared to today's bikes. A concours is a sport tourer, and basically ran with your lightly modified Max. A concours 14 makes more power than a 1st gen Max, no two ways about it.

The mags also peg them as mid 10-second/130mph quarter mile, which is faster than any (stock) 1st Gen Max I've seen aside from the times Gleason ran back in the 80's.

The Max isn't really that fast a bike by today's standards, but I still love it.

Concours should have dusted ya.
156 hp. Just shows alot depends on the
rider.
Good job

A win is a win, whether the concours knew it or not!:clapping:

I always liked the Concours.....looked at one before getting the Max- too much fairings - comfy though, and fast too!

Back