Max has Harley oil dripitis problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Well I solved my one oil drip problem that was leeching through the stator wires, but now I have the issue of oil from the air box. Apparently this is from blow by (ie I've been too mean to my motor! :bash0000:) but there must be some way of stopping the oil from getting sucked up there. Does anyone know of a one way valve that would work? Or can I just run a filter off the vent and disconnect it from the airbox?

do yo uhave a stage 7 on your bike? I know Dave D on this forum added a custom filter setup that he made to his stage 7 to stop the oil from blowing up into the airbox

Buster, if that much oil is getting up there either too much oil in the motor or excessive crankcase pressure. If you're running stage 7, some hook the breather to a puke can.

maleko89 said:
Buster, if that much oil is getting up there either too much oil in the motor or excessive crankcase pressure. If you're running stage 7, some hook the breather to a puke can.

I'm sure it is not from too much oil and I'm not running stage 7. I've been told that hard acceleration creates a higher vacuum from the airbox plus blowby ( I guess creates the crankcase pressure) will result in oil in the airbox. It is not a large amount, but enough gets in there that it ends up running down on top of the sidecase of the motor. It evenually then starts dripping on the ground. I'm sure I will evenually need to either rebuild the motor or get another one (Hi Sean!), but I'm looking some other solution in the meantime.

You can simply get one of the orrifice restricors for the stage seven and install it into the pcv hose. This will help you though may not stop 100% depending on how worn you have the rings.

Get with me if we need to order parts. I don't think they are terribly expensive but I would have to order one - have it shipped to me - then ship it to you.

Sean Morley

I was running a stage7 with a breather and no restrictor.Oil was getting all over everything.Then I put the puke bottle on and a restrictor and It works very well now.

shawn kloker said:
I was running a stage7 with a breather and no restrictor.Oil was getting all over everything.Then I put the puke bottle on and a restrictor and It works very well now.
I got a small chrome air filter from Walmart @ 3.00 and took off the puke can . I put one filter on the stem coming up from the oil fill cap and one attached to the hose coming up from the engine.Looks much better than the puke can with the ugly ass hose coming down. I have stage 7 with operating v-boost (T-Boost) and the bike has never ran better.

Do I need the tube to the airbox or can I just put on a filter/breather on it?

It depends on how you ride I guess.Mine was blowing oil mist out of the breather and all over everything behind it.Now there is none.

The harder you ride it the more oil comes out the breather.

Last edited:
shawn kloker said:
It depends on how you ride I guess.Mine was blowing oil mist out of the breather and all over everything behind it.Now there is none.

The harder you ride it the more oil comes out the breather.

Sounds like I ride the same way you do, so you're saying a breather won't work?

Buster,I didn't like it.It made a real mess all over everything.Now that the bottle is on and the restrictor in place,No more mess!.

Do you have Stage 7?Stock airboxes catch all this oil.

Back