Max Sitings

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calimus

Reaction score
In many other forums that I belong to, there is always a thread about sightings of that forums main topic. Well, since this is a Vmax forum, how about some Vmax sitings?

I spotted my first one in the wild, or rather he spotted me this morning. Was just starting to take off from a redlight and I hear a horn beeping. I looked over my right shoulder to see a guy on a super clean red Max coming up giving me a thumb up.

Unfortunatly, he was making a right turn and I was making a left. However, I didn't get a chance to see if he was runniing after market pipes, but damn did that thing sound much meaner then mine.

Maybe I'll catch up with him again and have enough time to tail him to a gas station or something. In the VW community, we do that sort of thing all the time, so I'm sure it's tolerable here no?

Everytime I see someone on another vmax they seem to try to ignore me or get away quickly.They do not want to pull over and bullshit.

Shawn, I agree. That makes it fun though.....a little cat and mouse.

Paul Czernics tells me it happens to him all the time too.They run like they are scared or something.

Yeah, they're probably thinking "Shit, he's probably as crazy as me!"

well hell, I figure if this guy was beeping at me, he'd prollie stop and BS if I tailed him for a bit. I might have to check the VMOA local section and see if there is anyone matching that bike descript. He had to come from somewhere between where I live and where we got off the highway.

Oddly enough, I check my mirrors a lot and never saw him trailing in them anywhere. Then again, in Atlanta traffic, that doesn't means shit. lol.

I've seen exactly three V-Maxes in the wild here in Baton Rouge. One was last year before I bought my Max. I was looking at buying a new 05 Mustang GT at the time when a Max pulled up to me at a redlight. That's when I realized what I really wanted - not a $27000 dollar retrocar, but a sub $10000 hotrod that will outrun any car I'll ever afford and won't break my bank account.

The next two were more recently, but I wasn't able to break my schedule(headed to work) to give chase.

I also see a guy with a "You wouldn't understand - it's a VMax thing" sticker on his truck, but he hasn't bitten on my signal to pull over and chat.

Hoping to make more local contacts through this forum...

I ride with about 7 or 8 Vmax guys, generally twice a week. If you go to the VMOA page and looks for the RI page thats us. All but maybe 3 of them I think.

Back