Max vs FJR Rearend

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XXXMAX

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Gen 1 FJR rearend bolts up to a Gen 1 Max and what is the ratio difference between the two. Is the FJR taller like the Venture is. I believe the Gen 1 max is a 3.66 and Venture is a 3.33, but don`t know about the Gen 1 FJR. I am thinking the Gen 2 FJR came out in 07.

I have a 2004 FJR on my Venture, which I have also had a VMax 1st gen bolted to it, so they are interchangeable.

To best of my knowledge ratios between FJR & VMax are the same. I checked input/output rotations when I put it on in 2009.

FJR does not have the shock mount hole, but the boss is on casting.

Gary

Attachments

• 100_1515.JPG
    100_1515.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC01123.JPG
    DSC01123.JPG
    226 KB · Views: 49
Are you sure it was an FJR rear diff. The offset was completely different on the wheel we tried (not the rear end).

Are you sure it was an FJR rear diff. The offset was completely different on the wheel we tried (not the rear end).

99% sure it was an FJR. Shock bolt not drilled & internal axle spacer is separate part, unlike VMax & Ventures.

This could explain offset just a tad to the right of rear wheel. Bike tracks straight, but likes left cornering better than right's.

Gary

Attachments

• IMG_1691.JPG
    IMG_1691.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 30
Yes, that's what happened when we tried the FJR wheels. It made it sit way too far right. Not sure what the specific difference is since we only did it the one time and didn't use the FJR rear.

The rim is from an 85 VMax.

I have VMax rear I got from Kyle, may try it to see if it helps. I had to modify rear caliper bracket when I put this wheel on. Venture brakes wouldn't come close to fitting.

Gary

Latest posts

Back