Max wheelie ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZRX/V-MAX

Reaction score
I was out goofing the other day, and did a few wheelies on the max. It was tough though. I would ususally get the rear tire to spin and then a really small wheelie. I'm guessing the tire is just hard. I'll try dropping a few psi next time.

any suggestions?

oh yeah, stock bike, with stock dunlops

Never had a problem getting mine to wheelie.
Granted, so far, they've always been by accident.

Bone stock with Bridgestone something or other on the back and Pirelli Sport Demon on the front.

I was out goofing the other day, and did a few wheelies on the max. It was tough though. I would ususally get the rear tire to spin and then a really small wheelie. I'm guessing the tire is just hard. I'll try dropping a few psi next time.

any suggestions?

Cresting hills at about 80mph is the best time to bring the front tire up. Respect Max, or he will stomp your ass like a day old cigarette ;)

If you have to ask about the balance point...please dont try this at home!

:cheers:

Neil

any suggestions?

Dropping the psi will help, plus the standard chop the gas to load up the front suspension, then hit the gas.

There is nothing that feels cooler than taking off at an intersection such that you get the revs up to about 5500 as you are hitting the crown (middle of the intersection), then nailing it and carrying the tire 6" off the ground all the way to the other side.

Probably no better way to get a ticket either!

There is nothing that feels cooler than taking off at an intersection such that you get the revs up to about 5500 as you are hitting the crown (middle of the intersection), then nailing it and carrying the tire 6" off the ground all the way to the other side.

Probably no better way to get a ticket either!

That is my favorite way to carry the tire, works like a charm

Mine just smokes the rear tire whenever I get on it. The only time I really wheelie is when I power shift into 2nd. Then it only lifts the front tire a few inches or so. I've never actually intentionally popped a wheelie. I'm too much of a puss! But I have drifted it a couple times accelerating out of corners. I give credit to all you nuts that are able to do this with your Maxes.

Sit on the back seat! No seriously, chop the throttle and get back in it when it's coming back up from the "bounce" (mentioned earlier here). The hardest one I had to wheelie was my ex's and I had to stand on the rear pegs and yank on the top of the bounce to get it up. It is extremely lowered which makes it harder and landings are really tough. I broke one of her signals last time I did it and had to buy another set (they are LED's).

Wheeling isn't all that tough and I regularly ride then through first, second, and third. Shifting is the hardest part and if not up enough will crash down when switching gears. keep in mind that the oil fills the trans area up when on extended wheelies and then the engine starves for oil. With stage seven systems (or even mine) you can also suck oil up the tube and into the carbs.

Drifting is easier with a lowered max too. I live on 2 miles of dirt road so i get to play like that fairly often.

New tires or even radials does make it better for traction to get it up.

Sean Morley

I just replaced my rear tire. It wasn't bald but was very hard apparently because nailing it or doing a a clutch blip while nailing it would just spin the living shit out of the tire.

New tire on the rear with nice soft tread compared to old one (ME 880)

Really nice easy wheelies now when just nailing it from halfway through 1st or doing a clutch blip and nailing it, and it comes up again on the 1-2 shift.

I love my Vmax:banana:

Rusty

My gf hates it when I get the tire up and she on the back. It's just so easy w/ her back there. She always lets me know to. With a BIG smack to the helmet. All I can do is LOL.

1st gear power wheelies here and 2nd gear wheelies are just a clutch dump away for me :th_rockon:i also luv the way my V-max does rolling burnouts in 1st gear. from a stop i threw down this burnout that measured 125 feet long :git:

Attachments

• scan0007.jpg
    scan0007.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 43
I can get my front end up by preloading but will only come off a few inches. Usually I blip the clutch a little to get the height to start a good wheelie. How hard is this on the bike? I learned to ride wheelies on my dirt bike and Quad which throttle alone will put you on your ass if your not careful. Lately it sounds like I am mamby pansy with my max, with all this knowledge I might as well do some learnin as to what will and won't hurt my bike.

I can get my front end up by preloading but will only come off a few inches. Usually I blip the clutch a little to get the height to start a good wheelie. How hard is this on the bike? I learned to ride wheelies on my dirt bike and Quad which throttle alone will put you on your ass if your not careful. Lately it sounds like I am mamby pansy with my max, with all this knowledge I might as well do some learnin as to what will and won't hurt my bike.
Every time you bring it down there's a chance of damage. Front tyre might not be pointed straight, could land hard and blow the fork seals.

And of course there is always going to far and flipping the bike over.

my buddy does that on his electra glide with his wife on. he gets the same response.
:hammer bash: :stickyman:

My gf hates it when I get the tire up and she on the back. It's just so easy w/ her back there. She always lets me know to. With a BIG smack to the helmet. All I can do is LOL.

Anybody ever done a stoppie on a max. You see the sports bikes do them all the time. Think the forks could handle it?

greg_stoppie2.jpg

yea, thats an older photoshop. Looks good at first but not going to happen - LOL. Look at the bike and the surroundings and you will see the photoshop work.

Sean

I think the front wheel will lock up long before you ever get the rear one off the ground, even with leaning forward. Anyone wanna try? :a014: Be sure to record it on video, while your at it!

Back