Maxers?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a complete front end like this for possible install, haven't gotten-around to it. '94 ZX750
1994ZX7GreenStock.jpg

I also have the engine & frame w/title which I want to sell. No front fairing, exhaust can, carbs, or alternator though, but pretty-much everything else.

How do you like the front end on your bike? I have a Race Tech spring set, RICOR's, and FZR1000 six-pot calipers to drop-in my '93+ VMax front end I now have on my '92, so I am not in a hurry to do the USD fork. Your bike is looking great w/all the mods.

Semi- ditto for Bob Novie , aka Nobody. I bought his Kaw ZX 750R USD front end for my CF / Metallic Black '98 . I was a bit slow in getting him all the $ , and he was patient with me also. Everything came in just as he described it. ( I still can't get the Acewell tach / speedo to work correctly ) , but that was a minor part to a larger package and I can deal with it , no problem. That change ,over to the Kaw USD forks w/ racetech innards , Galfer rotors , 6 piston calipers , both wheels with radials and a notched & braced swingarm made a quick straight line bike into the bike Yamaha should have built by 1998 .

Bob enjoyed stirring the pot for sure , he was old school in that regard , big time. I know he pissed off a bunch from the VMOA with some accusations about $ and accountability , and he did not suffer any fools, but he was one of the older members and very knowledgeable about the Max and he had a lot of good general info about life as well .

Here's a shot of the '98 with the Kaw front end .

I can't believe Nobody's bike has not shown up anywhere that I know of. He sold it very cheap considering all that was done to it. Heck, anybody seen a Vmax at any burrito stands by any chance?
Would like to know where Hercules bike ended up too?

Ed (CustomMax) has Herc's old bike.

I have a Race Tech spring set, RICOR's, and FZR1000 six-pot calipers to drop-in my '93+ VMax front end I now have on my '92, so I am not in a hurry to do the USD fork.QUOTE]

FM, if you ever decide to go to your USD setup, I'd like to have dibs on this setup for my '92. Let me know, TIA.

I have a complete front end like this for possible install, haven't gotten-around to it. '94 ZX750
1994ZX7GreenStock.jpg

I also have the engine & frame w/title which I want to sell. No front fairing, exhaust can, carbs, or alternator though, but pretty-much everything else.

How do you like the front end on your bike? I have a Race Tech spring set, RICOR's, and FZR1000 six-pot calipers to drop-in my '93+ VMax front end I now have on my '92, so I am not in a hurry to do the USD fork. Your bike is looking great w/all the mods.

I like it a great deal over the Progressive front springs in the stock '98 forks w/ Superbrace and R-1 4 piston blue dots w/ drilled rotors . My ZX 750R was built in '96-'99 I believe and came w front and rear stock 17" wheels , ( I added Michelin radial 2CTs ) , SS lines , 6 piston calipers w/ ZX master cyls., Galfer rotors , Racetech cartridge / rebuild kit and a lot of adjustment capability .

The 2 main things I noticed was my favorite test turns have bumps at the apex and the ZX front end just soaked 'em up and could stop on a dime with 2 fingers . When me and my butt finally had enough of the shorter and cheapest Progressive rear shocks and upgraded to stock length Progressive 430s , the bike improved by 10-20 % . I was amazed 'cause I thought aftermarket lower Progressives meant better handling , but I was very wrong there , as the new 430s helped the bike a great deal and made it a more complete semi-sportbike cruiser. Those rear shocks make a huge difference . ( I should have known better as my '90 has rear Works Performance Street Trackers and are great solo or two up. )
If I had it to do over , and was short of $ , which I was at the time , I may not have gone USD. The bike handled O.K. with bias ply and R-1 brakes with no wobbles or issues BUT....... I just bought a piece or two at a time and when I got all the pieces all in my box , I pulled the trigger and tore it down. Took me about a month and a half of weekend work . It helped that Bob had most of it already on his bike , mainly , the custom triples made by a dude named Pierre , French - Canadian I believe. I had seen some of his custom work here and there on various forums and VMax sites , and was impressed with his work. Obviously Bob was too.

Before USD - After ZX750R Front End

Attachments

• '98  Transformed 2005.jpg
    '98 Transformed 2005.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 13
  • # 2 Group Chip 458.jpg
    # 2 Group Chip 458.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 11
Thanks for the update Garrett. No wonder I always liked both of those bikes. I like Ed even more for the keeping and improving on a great Vmax. He most certainly is honoring Herc in the best way possible. My hats off to you Ed!
I have a couple famous Vmaxes right here in my backyard. "Road Cone", "Pinhead", "Dollar Bill" and Jay Gleason's 85.

"Why do I have to be Mr. Pink? Why can't I have a cool name? I want to be Mr. Blue!"
images
images
images
images

Thanks for the update Garrett. No wonder I always liked both of those bikes. I like Ed even more for the keeping and improving on a great Vmax. He most certainly is honoring Herc in the best way possible. My hats off to you Ed!
I have a couple famous Vmaxes right here in my backyard. "Road Cone", "Pinhead", "Dollar Bill" and Jay Gleason's 85.

I gotta get a cool nickname for my ride

Hey,WTF? Any old school guys left?

I've been around a long time, although most of my time early on, was spent on the Yahoo VMax groups.

Anyone remember Ingo Ulrich and the bike that John Furber built him?

I was the one who shipped it to him from NJ, after Jim Furber and I crated it up at my business. That had to have been at least 16 years ago......I've owned a Vmax since around 1990-91.

-Mark-

I've been around a long time, although most of my time early on, was spent on the Yahoo VMax groups.

Anyone remember Ingo Ulrich and the bike that John Furber built him?

I was the one who shipped it to him from NJ, after Jim Furber and I crated it up at my business. That had to have been at least 16 years ago......I've owned a Vmax since around 1990-91.

-Mark-

Ingo's bike the Imax, I remember the process,wasnt that bike a big joint effort? Back when John and Paul were the only ones doing much with max's?

Ingo's bike the Imax, I remember the process,wasnt that bike a big joint effort? Back when John and Paul were the only ones doing much with max's?

Exactly.

It was pretty cool.....a whole bunch of people donated parts and money, John assembled the bike.

Unfortunately the bike got wrecked a pretty short time after Ingo got it in Germany. Not his fault though, he got rear ended.

Haven't thought about Ingo in a long time. Does he still have that Vmax website?

Thank you PATMAX, I've gone above and beyond to keep it as close to mint as possible even though its thrown a lot of curves at me. I've had to redo ALOT of things but I'm still working on making it one of the nicer bikes around. I still have a ways to go but when I'm really done it will be a very unique Vmax. But at least some people see how hard I'm trying to improve it more everyday. Ed

Hey,WTF? Any old school guys left?

THIS FUKIN' GUY!! :clapping: ^^^^^^^^^:clapping:

Welcome Back brotha! I'v been out of the loop since the move to Washington.

We just got re-relocated back to Idaho so in a month or two I can settle down and get to work on the bike. and do some posting, I have a shim job that's due. ;)

Been up here one year and couldn't get a decent wage, so we threw in the towel and are headed back to the land of the free.

Shawn, you dissappeared you anti-focial mo-fo lol. I left you a couple of messages and you never got back. Must be a PA thang. lol

Latest posts

Back