Maximum power from stock engine?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlewis02

Reaction score
How much power will the second gen vmax hold?
Going to be adding nitrous to it to get me in the 9s up here. Have ran nitrous on three other bikes so I know what is involved when the engine don’t like it. The vmax is much more work to get the engine out and back in so I don’t want to over do it with the nitrous jets. Thinking about 35hp in first 50hp in second and 75-100hp for the rest. Will the stock engine hold 100hp more?
Have the ecu flash,k&n filter,voodoo exhaust for now will be adding a pcv and a base dyno tune before I spray.

Going to be adding nitrous to it to get me in the 9s up here. Have ran nitrous on three other bikes so I know what is involved when the engine don’t like it. The vmax is much more work to get the engine out and back in so I don’t want to over do it with the nitrous jets. Thinking about 35hp in first 50hp in second and 75-100hp for the rest. Will the stock engine hold 100hp more?
Have the ecu flash,k&n filter,voodoo exhaust for now will be adding a pcv and a base dyno tune before I spray.

I was told by Tim Nash that the stock Gen 2 engine will take a 40 HP shot with no other modifications. His ECU reflash does take out a couple of degrees of timing, which is good for the Nitrous set up.

I would say 100 is within range of what the stock reciprocating mass will handle (and trans) as long as you use a progressive controller. We even ran that much on a gen 1 which lasted for some time before the trans finally gave up.

I don't know of one, but you can look at these:
For those of us still riding Gen. 1's.

VMax NOS 1500 cc.jpgVMax NOS.jpg

Last edited:
I dont think the stock fuel pump would go another 100hp, injectors definitely wont. Im running 14 psi boost on stock internals but superchargers are so smooth and more forgiving on parts.

How much is that system ? Is there something to retard your timing somehow ? Does it have a purge ? I don't really know a lot about NOS systems . It would mostly for show but i wouldn't have it on my bike if it wasn't hooked up .

If you really want to go all out performance why not get a ZX14RR while they are still available?

Is there any kind of kit available for a GEN 1 with stage 7 jet kit (no airbox) ? Also has keihn 39 mm carbs..
I used a WoN Streetblaster 75 bhp kit on my gen 1. It had 8 injectors into the manifolds so would work with no airbox. I set it to 50 rather than 75 out of sympathy for the internals.

I would say 100 is within range of what the stock reciprocating mass will handle (and trans) as long as you use a progressive controller. We even ran that much on a gen 1 which lasted for some time before the trans finally gave up.
I read that the standard denso fuel injectors can go up to 235 rwhp (compared to 175 as stock). So a Nash flash and a 40 shot of nitrous with a PCV controller takes you pretty close to the limit. You'd want to leave some contingency to avoid going too lean in certain atmospheric conditions. The alternative is a wet kit but I didn't want to go that way as I wanted to keep it simple.

Last edited:
The system that was on my Battlestar was a wet kit with it's own fuel supply so it didn't add taxation to the current fuel system.

Attachments

• IMG_20160905_153236405_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160905_153236405_HDR.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 34
As I recall the 256 was about the number made on a G-Force kit with duty cycle maxed out at 100% (which is bad for injectors to use them at that much rate)

Thank you for the information.
Any info on bigger injector size for the stock bike? I can get some bigger injectors if need be.
Was looking at supercharging recently but not many kits don’t look like.
Turbo kits maybe?
Don’t want to pull the tank out to tap it for another pump. Would rather put bigger injectors in and call it a day since the fuel pump is relatively easy to get to for an upgrade.

Latest posts

Back