May have to sell the Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarchin

Reaction score
So I got into a big argument with my boss over my schoolwork. Had to take two tests and couldn't come in one day last week. He didn't like it and fired me, even though I was going to college before I started the job :damn angry:

I figure I have this week to find a job or the Vmax I've waited 15 years for is going to have to go after having it for only two months :bang head:

Any ideas on what a fairly clean '85 (very, very little rust) will go for? Has around 29,300 miles, and the forks (completely rebuilt with 1" lowered Progressive Springs). also has newer rotors and 6 pot calipers off of a 94 FZR 1000. No stainless lines and stock brake pads, those were going to get put on in a couple of months. 2nd gear will pop out if I get on it, but I have a complete transmission waiting to go in it.

Thanks for any info, don't want to sell it, but gotta pay the bills ya know.

Shit man, that's a bummer, sorry to hear that.

I usually go to e bay and check the 'completed listings' for an item I'm not sure of the price on.....that'll tell you what people are asking, what sold, what didn't, etc.

Hope it works out for you! :punk:

Sorry to hear about your abrupt unemployment.

Dunno if it's too-late, but did you tell the boss before you didn't show-up, or did you just blow-off work for school? Some people will work w/yo if they can still get work done w/o you for that day, but some people don't want any excuses. Also, if you encounter a boss who has it in for the 'college boys,' you don't have much of a chance. Sounds like it's 'over & done-with.'

Good luck trying to find an alternative job, but it might be worth it to try going over that guy's head, what have you to lose by trying?

There is a later model on CL w/2nd gear issues asking price of $2K. Realistically, it is worth whatever someone is willing to give you. I think a real-world price is about $1500 cash. PM 'CaptainKyle,' if your serial # is lower than his '85, why, he needs another VMax right now!

This really blows, but I have a question or two...

Was this the first time you'd missed work recently?

Did you call in and tell them you weren't coming in?

Chris

it was my first time missing work. we were on a big job, and I told him on friday that I may have to take off monday cause I have two tests due and have only been able to do my work on the weekends cause we were pretty busy. BTW, I was the only employee. He told me I had to come in to finish the job, and I said well, you shouldn't have sent me to three other jobs during the course of this job.

I have 6 classes in college, 4 kids, a St. Bernard puppy that chews up everything, lol, and do most of the grocery shopping and cook dinner about every night, do 80% of the laundry and other housework, was working 25-30 hrs a week. Guess working on the bike was the straw that broke the camels back. Guess something had to give. What really sucks is that it was a $19 hr job. Hard to find those around here in the winter.

Bummer. I think you'll be hard pressed to get much more then $1000 out of it considering the cost of the trans work (even if you have one in hand). Might get $1500 since it's summer and people want to ride.

Sean

Man, boss sounds like a dick.

So you've got a 25+ year old bike with 30k miles and a blown trans? No offense but in the used market it's worth next to nothing. A "parts or fix" bike. $1000 at best, to the right buyer who doesn't mind tearing into it.

At a price that low, I wouldn't even bother selling it. Sentimental value likely exceeds monetary value.

Man, boss sounds like a dick.

So you've got a 25+ year old bike with 30k miles and a blown trans? No offense but in the used market it's worth next to nothing. A "parts or fix" bike. $1000 at best, to the right buyer who doesn't mind tearing into it.

At a price that low, I wouldn't even bother selling it. Sentimental value likely exceeds monetary value.

I agree, I think long term the $1,000.00 you might make on selling the bike isn't going to help you're family situation much in the long run, and you'll miss the bike once it's gone, and you've found another job. Selling an '85 with 30k, some rust and a bad tranny is going to be challenging, and it may be a while before you get a buyer anyways. The work thing definitely sucks, sounds like you've got a real challenging life situation right now. I hope things work out.

. PM 'CaptainKyle,' if your serial # is lower than his '85, why, he needs another VMax right now![/QUOTE]
I need another Vmax right now like I need a hole in my head.:rofl_200: It would have to be dead cheap for me to buy it.

Latest posts

Back