Maybe some of you have seen this....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like IRS, that's pretty-cool. Handicapped rider's bike. Wonder if it's a single U-joint swing axle or two U-joints per halfshaft?

I have been thinking about the next 25 years and what happens when you are 75 years old. I suspect that driving the just delivered 375 HP Gen4 VMAX is not a good idea. Do you go very low power and stay on two wheels as the reflexs start to fade? Three wheels? I have heard that two in the front is a much more stable than the classic tricycle design. I suspect a brand new 2045 Slingshot is my future but I have no desire to get there quickly.

Like the Morgan Three-Wheeler, but updated, the Vanderhall Venice. There are other models. A couple years ago, at Bike Week, they were giving 'thrill rides' in the Speedway parking lot, just watching them slide the bikes' rear ends made me queasy, I can't handle roller coasters like I could as a kid. A Lotus 7 or a Caterham 7 would be similar, but you have to-buy another wheel/tire.

Morgan has been building three-wheeled vehicles for > 110 years (1909).

There are a few companies making 'reverse-tricycle' configurations, using yes, a Gen. 1 VMax, or an S & S V-Twin.

https://vanderhallusa.com/the-vanderhall-venice-gives-you-vintage-f1-car-and-motorcycle-thrills/
Vanderhall Venice.png

Last edited:
The one I've seen in person had the two wheels at the front rather than the rear.

The guy had lost his leg to smoking and paid to have his done because it was so much easier than trying to ride with a prosthetic and he wasn't giving up his Vmax for anything.

I respect the hell out of them for that. Got to sit on it. It was very cool.

Edit to add: This isn't the actual one I saw but it looks a lot like it:

1600610213318.png

The one I've seen in person had the two wheels at the front rather than the rear.

The guy had lost his leg to smoking and paid to have his done because it was so much easier than trying to ride with a prosthetic and he wasn't giving up his Vmax for anything.

I respect the hell out of them for that. Got to sit on it. It was very cool.

Edit to add: This isn't the actual one I saw but it looks a lot like it:

View attachment 72910
I am sure this an expensive conversion. At certain stage of life it is worth every penny. I was at a wedding this weekend and saw the "old" generation having to be helped out of chairs and headed home very early in the evening. That made me really ponder how long I am going to be able to ride. Perhaps the last one should resemble Wagner and the Valkyries.

The Europeans are 'way-ahead of us in the modded VMax'es.

Kyle's friend's blower w/o a guard makes me shudder, and not from the performance potential. Maybe he can inform us about the performance. I suspect that with the increase in rubber on the road, there's a potential for the bike to accelerate better-than a stock bike, but it might require a deft touch to get it doing that. Probably need some wheelie bars to keep it from looping. I expect that you'd need-to break the tires loose a-bit to be able to take advantage of the larger rubber contact patches.

Kyle trike VMax.jpeg

Last edited:
The Europeans are 'way-ahead of us in the modded VMax'es.

Kyle's friend's blower w/o a guard makes me shudder, and not from the performance potential. Maybe he can inform us about the performance. I suspect that with the increase in rubber on the road, there's a potential for the bike to accelerate better-than a stock bike, but it might require a deft touch to get it doing that. Probably need some wheelie bars to keep it from looping. I expect that you'd need-to break the tires loose a-bit to be able to take advantage of the larger rubber contact patches.

View attachment 72911
It had a nice big guard this is a picture when he was working on it one day

Latest posts

Back