Media bullshit about gun control,and truth

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
after watching a dozen or so piers morgan gun control shows... I have to agree that this episode makes the most sense...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rQb_i4Ik5k4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gun control. is it gonna work? I don't think so but they'll try.
add more guns? I think that's not the right answer either.

both sides are are right and wrong, as moore said, but just think about the comment he made about the comparison to the video games and movie mentality in Detriot vs Windsor.

means something doesn't it?

But some how I don't think through all of this, meaning the gun control/ arm everyone issue, in the end, its not going to make any sort of difference.

Does anyone see or agree with this? its going to be a lost cause because there are too many aspects to consider and too many people that are so stuck right, or left that the real answer is never going to be found. I don't have it. I hope its found, because a tragic loss of life is unacceptable anytime.

peace,
evan...

Last edited:
there really is no right or wrong answer. only opinions. you cant stop a crazy person from comitting an act of violence. society as a whole has broken down. i fear the worst is yet to come.

The second amendment wasn't written so we could go hunting. It was written so we could shoot at the government if it was ever taken over by tyrants.

The principal reason the colonists won the American Revolution is that they possessed weapons equivalent in power and precision to those of the British government.

Today, the limitations on the power and precision of the guns we can lawfully own not only violate our natural right to self-defense and our personal sovereignties; they assure that a tyrant can more easily disarm and overcome us.Me and the wife disagree on this .I am against and she is for it.And it allways ends in what if?Me i would just rather be prepared.Like a boy scout.Dont trust our leaders.There not unifieing us there dividing us.Ever heard the old saying divide and conconker.

Cable news pundits are complete tools. Across the board. All networks right, left, and center. Not a one has integrity, or are serious journalists these days, we stopped paying for those guys a long time ago. The people with talent have left for greener pastures.

The second amendment wasn't written so we could go hunting. It was written so we could shoot at the government if it was ever taken over by tyrants.
Look, when the amendment was written it was muskets and cannonballs and a handful of rebels overturned one of the world's largest and most successful armies based on strategy, resources, and homefield advantage. We live in a world now, where every normal citizen can sit in their living room and get a 1-mile aerial view of any house they want, and can see recent photos of every street and street corner in every city in the 1st world.

Things have changed. There will never be a militia that can stand up to drones, spy satellites, heavy artillery on the ground, nuclear subs and battleships bigger than some countries in the sea, and complete domination of airspace. The clip size of your assault weapon means dick to anybody who can overcome all that. Flip side is, unfortunately it also doesn't make any difference in the outcome of these school shootings. Maybe if we paid some decent journalists we'd get some good insight into what would, instead of rants from a talent show judge that hasn't said or done anything relevant in years.

It's more the principle of it....not really the guns themselves, but the freedom to own them if one chooses. One more way the government is trying to gain more control over your life. Of course it's highly debatable as to the motives behind all these proposed new gun control laws....is it just politicians being clueless and looking for something to point the finger at as usual, or is there a more sinister, "disarm the public" slant? Who knows.

Guns aren't going to be "banned", just like that. Way too visible, obvious. If the aim really is to disarm the public, it'll happen like all politics....slowly. Every couple years some new legislation will be snuck through piggybacked on something else, in the name of public safety, fighting crime, whatever. Each bit makes it tougher and tougher for one to legally own a gun until eventually nobody will. Oops, looks like that speeding ticket disqualifies you. Sorry, you have children so you're not allowed one "for their safety". Bit by bit they'll whittle away the rights until if you've so much farted in church you'll be ineligible to buy one.

Odd though how when there's a stabbing homicide, you don't suddenly hear about knife control laws and having background checks at kitchen supply stores.

Just for the record I am pro gun. I agree there is a concern of a slippery slope, but I get rather annoyed at the justification and concern for high powered assault rifles and large clip sizes because we might need it to save/take back the country one day.

Personal arms, protecting family and property, just love to shoot the shit out of targets, deer, whatever. Those all have plenty of legs to stand on. 10 more rounds in a clip doesn't. If it takes you that many rounds to stop a home invader maybe you should be spending more time on the range. As I said though, the flipside is it's a pretty dumb thing to target as a fix to all the recent violence. Clip size doesn't really have shit to do with that either.

I know that returning vets are told that if they claim PTS they will have an easier time processing medical benefits from/through the VA. It also instantly makes you unable to own a firearm on grounds that you are "not right" in the head.

Personal arms, protecting family and property, just love to shoot the shit out of targets, deer, whatever. Those all have plenty of legs to stand on. 10 more rounds in a clip doesn't. If it takes you that many rounds to stop a home invader maybe you should be spending more time on the range. As I said though, the flipside is it's a pretty dumb thing to target as a fix to all the recent violence. Clip size doesn't really have shit to do with that either.

I guess my issue with this line of reasoning is that it assumes calm and control in light of an extremely traumatic event. If I ever needed to use my weapon to defend my home I'd love to think I could act as rationally and calmly as I do at the range but that just isn't how it works.

Its been in the news (some news) a lot the last couple days but the woman who shot the home invader had a .38 revolver (six shot). She was hiding in her closet with her kids and the dude open the door and she unloaded the gun on him. As I understand it, 5 of the 6 hit. What if there had been another person coming into the room?

Should it only take one or two shots to neutralize a close quarter scenario? Maybe. Will it when the adrenaline and protective instinct kick in? Probably not.

Things have changed. There will never be a militia that can stand up to drones, spy satellites, heavy artillery on the ground, nuclear subs and battleships bigger than some countries in the sea, and complete domination of airspace. The clip size of your assault weapon means dick to anybody who can overcome all that. Flip side is, unfortunately it also doesn't make any difference in the outcome of these school shootings. Maybe if we paid some decent journalists we'd get some good insight into what would, instead of rants from a talent show judge that hasn't said or done anything relevant in years.[/QUOTE]You know i think you are right.I am begining to believe we have no rights in the eye of our leaders.They can now take what they want do what they want ,Feed us flouride give us shots for the flu filled with mercury,monsanto feeds us genictly modified food !and tells us not to grow our own.And if these rules are broken you go to jail!And no personal gun or auto our semi auto no amount of them is gonna do shit.If the cops cant handle it the miltary will.Were free till they tell us were not we can have guns till they tell us we cant.Youre right no milisa could or would fight under these circumstances.Thay let you raise your kids and eurge you to send them to the miltary to fight for god knows what and to die for what?I do my very best to be a desent person,But i do have a old saying (DONT DIG UP THE DEVIL AND THEN BE SURPRISED THAT YOU FOUND HIM)Freedom to choose?We dont have it

10 more rounds in a clip doesn't. If it takes you that many rounds to stop a home invader maybe you should be spending more time on the range. As I said though, the flipside is it's a pretty dumb thing to target as a fix to all the recent violence. Clip size doesn't really have shit to do with that either.

Actually the proper name is magazine... If this is the case why does law enforcement require the standard (10 rounds is reduced capacity) magazine requirement? With the level of training certainly they can stop any target with 10 shots... Please understand Zack that I'm not bagging on you and I'm grateful your pro gun but you have to ask yourself, how many actual gunfights have I been in??? I personally haven't been in any (I did save my brothers life by using a gun but I didn't have to fire it) so therefor I default to what the pro's use... Law enforcement are just responders, they are responding to a threat that was usually called in by a civilian such as myself so I want to be armed with similar equipment to protect myself shall the need arise.

Just MHO but I don't feel an assault weapon is a good choice for home defense anyhow, and not part of my 'system' at all. They are heavy and awkward and not given to hi maneuverability in tight situations.

Sure, they look really cool leaning up against your recliner, with that big hi-cap magazine hanging off the bottom....but really just a 'big dick' gun as far as I can see.

Why be spraying small caliber projectiles (.22 or 7.62mm usually) all through your house and neighborhood....and why have to pull the trigger 30 times to release 30 deadly projectiles....when just one squeeze of a sawed off 12 ga. will do the same thing....with devastating effectiveness?

And I'm not talking about illegal length weapons either....last I heard there was a min. barrel length....think 14"....which results in a maneuverable, highly effective weapon for home defense.

Of course nothing I would be interested in seeing as I've sold all my guns and applying for residency with the democrats!! :biglaugh:

Gee, I just found this... Man, have l got a lot of to input to all the ideas in this thread. I can't add them right now because I have to head out to a meeting with one of the AR-15 manufactures I test for.:bang head: I'll Be Back!!!

Its been in the news (some news) a lot the last couple days but the woman who shot the home invader had a .38 revolver (six shot). She was hiding in her closet with her kids and the dude open the door and she unloaded the gun on him. As I understand it, 5 of the 6 hit. What if there had been another person coming into the room?

I get your point, but picturing a scared shitless women hiding in her closet with a high cap automatic weapon instead of a revolver has this scenario ending worse than it did more often than not.

That's a lot more room for stray bullets and accidental firing lugging a big rifle into a closet vs a revolver.

Why be spraying small caliber projectiles (.22 or 7.62mm usually) all through your house and neighborhood....and why have to pull the trigger 30 times to release 30 deadly projectiles....when just one squeeze of a sawed off 12 ga. will do the same thing....with devastating effectiveness?

Yeah, what he said.

:biglaugh:

+1 i use my 45 acp .....very lethal at close range and easy to conceal.

i doubt we will see a ban on assult weapons....but im shure we will see a more thorough check at purchase.....and perhaps a waiting period.

i wish folks would stop hoarding ammo....it just makes things worse.

+1 i use my 45 acp .....very lethal at close range and easy to conceal.

i doubt we will see a ban on assult weapons....but im shure we will see a more thorough check at purchase.....and perhaps a waiting period.

i wish folks would stop hoarding ammo....it just makes things worse.

Totally agree MM, the .45 ACP is my personal all time favorite....trouble is I have a Colt Series 70 Combat Commander and if it were used in a 'last resort' situation the gendarmes undoubtedly would confiscate it for inspection....and that would probly be the last I ever see of it!

Let 'em take some low end dbl bbl shotgun instead!

Also totally agree on hoarding ammo.....1,000 rds. for each weapon in your collection should be plenty....plus a couple pounds of powder, some primers, few thousand bullets, bunch of brass, a press, case trimmer, powder scales and a couple other things.....shit, that oughtta be plenty!!:biglaugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnEmghSrOigYea we should comply with all the laws our leaders set forth.Why fight it?Just say ok.Couldnt whip em anyway right?Get corraled up,Hand over everything.Here is a song about that complince,Im not going for it!Lived in these mountians most all my life.Taken away way to many freedoms as it is!Defend our country,Most seem to like gun laws,Not me,Rambo is on tv he dosent live anywhere that i know about.Im not worred about home invasion,Just about the next dam law that comes down the pipe.Checking your house for guns and ammo.Comply No?Then go to prison,Where your new boyfriend lives,Ill bet he will even sing this song to you!

Just for the record I am pro gun. I agree there is a concern of a slippery slope, but I get rather annoyed at the justification and concern for high powered assault rifles and large clip sizes because we might need it to save/take back the country one day.
So sorry about annoying you.

Aw Pop I didn't mean it like that. Nor did I mean the options are armed revolution or full compliance. There's a lot of ways to work at protecting gun owner's rights while also trying to keep these violent incidents from continuing to make headlines.

Nobody wants these to keep happening. We just all need to calm our heads a bit and give all suggestions the time of day. We don't know armed guards in every school would work just like we don't know mandatory safety training or requiring gun safes for owners would work. It would be nice if we could test the waters on some of these suggestions and see how it goes. That has to involve a little bit of faith in the existing system, because that's all we've got to work with.

Aw Pop I didn't mean it like that. Nor did I mean the options are armed revolution or full compliance. There's a lot of ways to work at protecting gun owner's rights while also trying to keep these violent incidents from continuing to make headlines.

Nobody wants these to keep happening. We just all need to calm our heads a bit and give all suggestions the time of day. We don't know armed guards in every school would work just like we don't know mandatory safety training or requiring gun safes for owners would work. It would be nice if we could test the waters on some of these suggestions and see how it goes. That has to involve a little bit of faith in the existing system, because that's all we've got to work with.

+1...What's called for is a reasonable approach to these extremely troublesome issues that are facing our country...trouble is I don't see it happening anytime soon, there's far too much special interest involved....the pro regs folks go off the rail and want ALL guns taken from circulation. The anti regs people want no regs of any sort on ANY weapon. Jobs and careers are at stake on both sides of the coin, heavy emotions involved.

There are obvious problems with both scenarios, neither is all right or all wrong. Will it ever get to the safer, more reasonable middle ground?......I hope so but not gonna stake my life on it.

Back