Meeting another member

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
I was at home in the back yard, walking the dog, when I heard the sound of a VMax starting. It idled for a bit, and took off. It sounded healthy.

I'd been PM'ing another member who said he was going to be moving to south FL, he said he had a job in Miami, and that he had lived in Hollywood, which is between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. He sent me a message saying he was moved-in and had retrieved his bike from upstate, where I think he'd had it shipped. He said he was now 'local.'

Today I heard the VMax start again, I was working in the yard, getting ready to make a run to the county trash transfer station. I took a walk towards the sound, and sure enough, I saw the bike idling in a front yard driveway. I walked-up to the owner, introduced myself, and got a big hug in-return! It was indeed 'Ragdog2011' with whom I had been corresponding.

He invited me in, we got to know each other a bit, and I met his fiancee' and we continued to talk about TX, FL, and other forum members. He's met a few, mentioned them by name, I did too, and then I had to excuse myself to return to loading my truck to make my wife happy, throwing out things at the dump.

He's got a great-looking bike, it's got lotsa stuff, including a conspicuous blue bottle on the right front of the frame, a "40-shot," wet, and I told him my friend's shop was a fill station if he needed a refill. Wavy rotors, 'blue-dot' R1 brakes F & R, frame braces, fork brace, those faux-trumpets for the CV carb's, a Stage 7 set-up, just well-turned-out. He repeatedly offered me a ride, and I respectfully turned him down, perhaps another time, when I've got more spare time. A good guy, I know if he's sticking-around, we're gonna get on the road together. Those MI Hooligans look like they're having fun together, maybe Ragdog2011 and I can burn some rubber...:punk:

Ive met him before, and bought some parts from him while he was by Dallas. Super NICE guy!!!!

Yep, he mentioned having met both you guys in-person, and said good things about both of you. I also have bought parts from him, but this was my first 'face-to-face.' He generously offered to help me w/my bike if I needed it.

Not to hijack your post Fire-Medic but I'm coming down to Hollywood next Tuesday for about 7 weeks . If it fits into your schedule maybe we can meet up for a drink or two . I've heard you mention Dania Beach in the past , that's usually where me and the wife go if we don't hit Hollywood Beach . Usually drink at Nick's or stop by Jimbo's on the way out . Let me know and I'll pm you my phone number .

Thanks, I sent you a PM. ragdog2011 is up for some socializing, too.

Latest posts

Back