megasquirt fi? anybody got it?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe Sean Morley has one that he's tried, but I don't think he's done much with it, to say, "I'm going to use this!" That should tell you something.

thanks I got some other responses they were all bad such a shame to . Well like i told Gent I guess I"ll go outside and bet up no.4 with a hammer and try t o get a idle that my a.d.d. can live with lol thanks again for the help

If you have problems with your idle, the small jet in the jet block may be plugged. It's tiny and it doesn't take much to obstruct it. Yanking the carbs and splitting them so you can remove the float bowls is the only way to solve it, assuming you aren't constantly throwing particulate rust into the carbs from a bad gas tank. If you have a rusty tank, you'll have to clean/line that somehow. If you want to try the 'shotgun' go-ahead.

nah its a mixture screw that was stuck and a portion of the throttle body had to be trimmed off now that screw is at a different setting than the rest so i know the mixture screw is my prob there was nothing in the carbs when i pulled them down I just need to find a no.4 carb body but i just ass well buy another set found a couple for 400 but if i'm just goin to throw money at it i can buy a whole running bike for 2000 so i guess my fi dreams are done

FI is expensive and not easy to do. You can however check out Roadster Cycle's Vmax Trike to see what he did for an inexpensive (relatively) injection setup.

Megasquirt works fairly well. I was one of the members in the group buy for the first 100 board spins we had made. (After everyone left the EFI-332 board). I converted a carbureted Buell to EFI, replaced a 32 bit Suzuki Hayabusa ECU with Megasquirt, and Fuel injected an NHRA Prostock Harley Davidson that was previously running carbs and having trouble with vibration induced fuel delivery issues.

That said, it's not as easy as just plugging something in. Also having my own dyno for tuning went a long way towards speeding set up. However, if you can crimp and solder and do electrical test and troubleshooting, MS is a great way to get into EFI building and converting.

Oooh S#*t! That is a cool lookin set-up on ebay. If the "cool" factor was all it takes to get it plugged in and running I'd pop for that 3900 yesterday.

Back