Memory lane

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nd4topspd

Reaction score
Wife found a photo of me and my son on my brand new 1990 vmax I purchased in Liberal Ks in the early year of 1990. The dealer made me pay upfront before he would even order it. I ride a 90 model now but it's a different bike than my original. I sold my first one cause I rode back and forth to the farm 18 miles from town and everytime I got on her she never wanted to see under 100+ lol It was the beast of the town back in the day:eusa_dance:

Attachments

• first vmax 1990.jpg
    first vmax 1990.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 78
That is a great pic.:worthy: He should be sizable now, does he ride it yet?
I hope I can find an old pic like that of me with my Dad.

Sweet. First ride on a max?!?!!? How cool is that.
My first ride was on my dad's XS. It tainted me for life.

Attachments

• xs.jpg
    xs.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 35
very cool, question tho, how did u get floating rotors on your '90?

yip son is grown up well thinks he is lol
as far as options I had no idea what I was getting at the time only the bike in Cycle magizine that was supposed to be the baddest thing around :) I did order the sissy bar and engine gaurds direct from Yamaha

Seeing pics of your son on your Max made me hunt down these pics of my little guy on Toxic a few years ago!

Attachments

• camonmax2.JPG
    camonmax2.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 38
  • camonmax3.JPG
    camonmax3.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 34
Wife found a photo of me and my son on my brand new 1990 vmax I purchased in Liberal Ks in the early year of 1990. The dealer made me pay upfront before he would even order it. I ride a 90 model now but it's a different bike than my original. I sold my first one cause I rode back and forth to the farm 18 miles from town and everytime I got on her she never wanted to see under 100+ lol It was the beast of the town back in the day:eusa_dance:

And what, exactly, was wrong with that? :ummm:

My trip to work is only about 6 miles each direction, and I don't feel as if it was worth riding, IF I can't get 'er up to triple digits on the way. :rofl_200:

That's a great photo and memory with your son! Here's a pic of my son and me on a camping trip on Max to the Olympia Peninsula, WA State, around 1990. He had just received his motorcycle endorsement and drove most of the way. Great memories.

Attachments

• 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 21
great pic Norms I used to live in Spokane for a few years so that country sure looks sweet!! Where has time flown?? At least Max is still by our sides lol

Back