merry-go-round pricing OEM parts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
I was going to order some carb parts to re-stock, and I went to revzilla, which is the old 'boats.net' website. As I checked prices, I said, "those prices seem higher than when I last ordered around Thanksgiving."

I looked at my receipts and yes they are.

Next I went to Ron Ayres Motorsports, and they undercut revzilla across the board, on what I was ordering. So, Ron Ayres got my business, this time. It pays to check, I suggest you do likewise.

The measure of a man is how he tames the Mod Monkey. Costs matter.

Correction: partzilla is associated with boats.net

Last edited:
If I didn't buy from a forum vendor, Ayres was my got to about 10 years ago. Then boats.net. Then Partzilla (which I believe IS boats.net).
Looks like whats old is new again.

Nice to know an alternative source. I was using Boats.net but it's been quite a while since I've had to order anything, so I didn't notice. I'm fixin' ordering an armload of crap for my Venture, you probably saved me some scratch.
Just bookmarked it.

Thank you.

Partzilla & boat.net owned by Outdoor Network. Revzilla's parent compay called Comoto. They also own Cycle Gear and Reax. Revzilla has aftertmarket and now OEM Yamaha parts.

Last edited:
Partzilla & boat.net owned by Outdoor Network. Revzilla's parent compay called Comoto. They also own Cycle Gear and Reax. Revzilla has aftertmarket and now OEM Yamaha parts.

Thanks for the clarification. FYI, revzilla has parts much-more-expensive than partzilla. An example: the carb jet block gasket is more-than 28% more at revzilla. You can often re-use this gasket, but if it tears, replace it.

Another item, and one you can save $ on: a fuel tank is more-than 27% higher at revzilla. Caveat emptor.

Both of these are items I've recently purchased multiples-of, from one source or another, shopping by/for price.

Thanks for the info. I really never heard of partzilla. I just started using Revzilla for gear and accessories and found their prices on par with Dennis Kirk, Bike Bandit, J&P etc. IMO Revzilla's c.s. is 2nd to none and my orders often arrive the next day with their free shipping (their Philly warehouse is an hr. away). The few dealerships around here have a very basic selection so it is online shopping for moto gear for me. I always went to the dealership OEM parts. Good to know there are alternatives.

When I saw the price I had to check. This part price has DOUBLED from some suppliers! And they've got us, there isn't much we can do about it.

If I didn't buy from a forum vendor, Ayres was my got to about 10 years ago. Then boats.net. Then Partzilla (which I believe IS boats.net).
Looks like whats old is new again.
These are the three I normally check first but will randomly check other sites. I usually just use the Yamaha part number by itself to get search results.

I check them all but I normally use partzilla. I have found a few parts a little cheaper but the people nail you on shipping and it makes it higher . Always put the parts in my cart on a couple different ones and then see what it is at the end after shipping.

And I’m “that guy” that always inquires of those getting out/selling out for anything in a factory Yamaha parts bag ! Many hoard like a few of us and guys out there have a drawer or box of forgotten parts they just want seen go to use or good home.

I was going to order some carb parts to re-stock, and I went to revzilla, which is the old 'boats.net' website. As I checked prices, I said, "those prices seem higher than when I last ordered around Thanksgiving."

I looked at my receipts and yes they are.

Next I went to Ron Ayres Motorsports, and they undercut revzilla across the board, on what I was ordering. So, Ron Ayres got my business, this time. It pays to check, I suggest you do likewise.

The measure of a man is how he tames the Mod Monkey. Costs matter.

Correction: partzilla is associated with boats.net
That would be ronayresmotorcycles.com?

Can anyone confirm a "best pricing" dealer of OEM Yamaha parts? I've had/have a bunch of Honda's and can tell you that https://westernhonda.com/ in Arizona has the least expensive and also most comprehensive parts coverage for any Honda models here in the States.

In my own experience, sometimes you need good service and advice and there are definitely experienced and helpful people here in the forums who can assist in your project with used parts, new parts, accessories, mechanical services through their channels and then sometimes, you just need a cheap price for some types of parts or accessories. I personally look through ebay or cheapcycleparts.com to find out information about the part I need, look through the VMax forums to see if anyone has what I need. (helping them and helping myself). Then I make a decision on where to buy and I have found that no one place always has the best prices. I have tried craigslist but find it to be more a futile waste of time here in Canada.

Latest posts

Back