Met a fellow Vmax owner yesterday

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marauder03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I went for a ride on my 1989 Vmax and headed straight to the gas station to fill up when up rolls this guy on a skateboard, yes a skateboard. He came up to me and was pretty excited about my bike, he explained to me he just moved here from LA and is in the process of shipping his bike here to Ohio which is also a Vmax. We Bsd for about 10 minutes and hit it off pretty good, told each other we’d have to ride one day when his bike gets here. I’m in North East Ohio and the only other Vmax I see near me is a guy a few streets away from me that I don’t see riding very often, other than that guy I don’t come across other Vmax’s. So talking to another owner was very nice, he was just as enthusiastic about the Max as I am, I hope to one day meet up with him and ride, it would be great to cruise with a fellow enthusiast. I usually ride alone, sometimes with my brother in law who rides a HD fatboy. He gets aggravated that my Vmax gets all the attention and his 30k bike is 2nd banana lol anyway I thought I’d share that, I’m new to the forum and hope I put this in the correct category. If you are near NEO let me know, I’d like to meet up with a fellow Vmax rider. Thanks

Yes we could meet up with you no problem we ride the Irish Hills area all the time u.s. 12 223 M50 you're welcome on any of the rides we go on there are a bunch of us going to thunder also if you want to go there with us it's in Pennsylvania. I always post the rides on the Forum just chime in anytime

Mike, I’d like to do that one day. The thunder get together sounds really good, do you think it will still take place this year?

Without getting into too much detail on how I think the world will adjust i still think there's a good chance Thunder will happen. I would put a reservation in for a hotel room now so you get one because you can cancel 3 days ahead of time I think.

Yesterday I went for a ride on my 1989 Vmax and headed straight to the gas station to fill up when up rolls this guy on a skateboard, yes a skateboard. He came up to me and was pretty excited about my bike, he explained to me he just moved here from LA and is in the process of shipping his bike here to Ohio which is also a Vmax. We Bsd for about 10 minutes and hit it off pretty good, told each other we’d have to ride one day when his bike gets here. I’m in North East Ohio and the only other Vmax I see near me is a guy a few streets away from me that I don’t see riding very often, other than that guy I don’t come across other Vmax’s. So talking to another owner was very nice, he was just as enthusiastic about the Max as I am, I hope to one day meet up with him and ride, it would be great to cruise with a fellow enthusiast. I usually ride alone, sometimes with my brother in law who rides a HD fatboy. He gets aggravated that my Vmax gets all the attention and his 30k bike is 2nd banana lol anyway I thought I’d share that, I’m new to the forum and hope I put this in the correct category. If you are near NEO let me know, I’d like to meet up with a fellow Vmax rider. Thanks
I'm in central Ohio, about 30 miles east of Columbus. Come on down and ride sometime through southeastern Ohio. Lots of great roads and interesting people.

That sounds great, have you ever ridden the 555 ? Are you near it? I’ve read it’s an awesome bike route. I actually bought my bike from a guy in Columbus, I had to trust him there were no issues because I rode it home to Cleveland area which was about 2.5hr ride home.

I'm in central Ohio, about 30 miles east of Columbus. Come on down and ride sometime through southeastern Ohio. Lots of great roads and interesting people.
I was just down that way a month ago and rode the 555 up from the river. Where all have to get together sometime.

Back