Metal Plate Under Rear Fender

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlieRobinson

Reaction score
Not sure where to put this and can't find an answer elsewhere..

The metal plate bolted under the rear fender:

Is this 100% necessary? I don't see a great purpose for it and I am considering deleting it.

Please advise me if I am missing something and it is in my best interest to keep it.

Thank you.

:worthy:

No problem with removing it. You will have to make some custom brackets if you want to keep a tail light at the end of the fender but, its not a big deal.

I am doing the CBR LED brake light swap and I have everything cleaned up and painted and I am trying to decide whether I want to reinstall the metal plating or use washers and drop a pound or two. I have also thought about slotting out the metal plate and making a lighter frame out of it.

Just considering my options before I put everything back together. I am going to try a rigid washer set up and see if I get the results I am looking for first.

Redbone, why does that girl in your sig keep staring at me? Tell her to stop, please.

I wonder if over a period of time, stress and vibration might cause the rear fender to crack or break? Unless I had a specific reason for deletion, I wouldn't. I always figure the engineers had a reason for each weird thing we see on the bikes. :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back