Metal rear inner fender

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carrizog60

Reaction score
So... Is it really needed?
I like the look of the rear,but not so much of the rear light.
My plans is to buy an aftermarket aluminium licence plate holder and a small led licence plate light along with a led tail light.would like to be hidden as much as possible from the side,to look like it has nothing more than a licence plate.

But as far as i am seeing the metal inner fender is on the way for that look and i dont want to cut or mess with it.
I could make something that would bolt to the plastic but is the steel fender needed to reinforce the thing?

So... Is it really needed?
I like the look of the rear,but not so much of the rear light.
My plans is to buy an aftermarket aluminium licence plate holder and a small led licence plate light along with a led tail light.would like to be hidden as much as possible from the side,to look like it has nothing more than a licence plate.

But as far as i am seeing the metal inner fender is on the way for that look and i dont want to cut or mess with it.
I could make something that would bolt to the plastic but is the steel fender needed to reinforce the thing?

The factory thought-so. A broken fender locking-up the rear wheel isn't something you want to have. If you want a different rear taillight, look at the CBR 600 install, a common mod.

For that i would have to mess with the inner fender,modify it and i dont want to do that,want to keep all stock parts in good condition.
And if possible make something diferent...

Unless you intend to cut or do away with the outer mudguard I don't understand what the issue is as the outer overlays the inner.

I get rid of the inner anytime I am also relocating the taillight assembly.

I removed the metal, inner fender long ago.
I mounted a lightweight tail light/plate combo off the plastic fender. Been this way nearly a decade with no issues.

I removed it on my last two Vmaxes. LED Tail goes in place of the reflector.

Attachments

• 8FD9C3FC-CE7D-4A0E-B457-408C8DE45DF8.jpeg
    8FD9C3FC-CE7D-4A0E-B457-408C8DE45DF8.jpeg
    368.5 KB · Views: 21
As do we in the UK - not an issue if you retain the grab rail.#

Clear CBR light on custom made mount and mini LED indicators.

CBR Rear.jpg

These picture show a simple side mount plate with our reflector conversion (turns it into brake/run light).

Attachments

• IMG_0223.JPG
    IMG_0223.JPG
    280.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20181103_151334.jpg
    IMG_20181103_151334.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 26
I removed mine and just epoxy glued the CBR mod onto the plastic fender as its pretty light. The light has mounts that will fit most smaller license plates, not so sure about the EU billboard ones. I have had mine for more than 5 years without a problem. I give it a good yank from time to time to check how firmly its mounted.

I removed mine and just epoxy glued the CBR mod onto the plastic fender as its pretty light. The light has mounts that will fit most smaller license plates, not so sure about the EU billboard ones. I have had mine for more than 5 years without a problem. I give it a good yank from time to time to check how firmly its ounted.
Siliconed mine a few years ago. You couldn't pull it off if you tried. I have a 93 my place I'm working on. If time allows I'll surprise the owner and do the CB light mod for him. That old light is dated, and ugly. IMO, of course.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back