Metzler Roadtec Z6 radial front

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
In an earleir post I had stated that I had never had a front tire on any bike wear out till the tread was gone, since they usually got some cupping and or feathering developing first that made them start acting weird, and thought that was pretty mcuh normal for a front tire (and still do)

I'd still get 7,000-10,000 out of then tho'....

I'm running a Metzler Roadtec Z6 Radial 120/70-18 on an 18" x 3.5" front wheel (RC) now and it's getting obvious that THIS tire REALLY is going to use up all the tread before any kind of weird front end wear starts happening.....It's gonna go around 8,000 or so...

It's also handled awesome in the twisties for me........

I recommend this tire to anyone running radials

Rusty

In an earleir post I had stated that I had never had a front tire on any bike wear out till the tread was gone, since they usually got some cupping and or feathering developing first that made them start acting weird, and thought that was pretty mcuh normal for a front tire (and still do)

I'd still get 7,000-10,000 out of then tho'....

I'm running a Metzler Roadtec Z6 Radial 120/70-18 on an 18" x 3.5" front wheel (RC) now and it's getting obvious that THIS tire REALLY is going to use up all the tread before any kind of weird front end wear starts happening.....It's gonna go around 8,000 or so...

It's also handled awesome in the twisties for me........

I recommend this tire to anyone running radials

Rusty

I run a pair of them on my SV1000S and a front on my Vmax and LOVE them to death!

These and the Pirelli Diablo Strada's are TOP on my list.

Rusty,

Glad to hear that this is a great tire beings that I just put one on the front of my Max:eusa_dance: Had a Metzler MEZ1 on before, but it wore funky. I am a fairly aggressive rider so I do eat up tires:biglaugh:. At the cost of tires, especially now that they are charging us an eco tax here on them now, I need tires that will hold up as well as performing well on the road. After 1k miles or so it still looks great.

Ditto for the Roadtecs.

I've been running them front and back on 17" rims for over 10,000k. Tread has about another 2k in it I reckon. Tread wear on the front is very uniform (perfect) and I can see these things wearing to slicks.

In the dry these things stick like shit on a diaper and give a great hook-up off the mark.

I'm not as confident with them in the wet but that is more of an allowance for the V-max, not the tyres.

My wish list for the Roadtec is a tread depth indicator in the centre of the rear tyre as there is no way of telling how much rubber is left.

Ditto for the Roadtecs.

I've been running them front and back on 17" rims for over 10,000k. Tread has about another 2k in it I reckon. Tread wear on the front is very uniform (perfect) and I can see these things wearing to slicks.

In the dry these things stick like shit on a diaper and give a great hook-up off the mark.

I'm not as confident with them in the wet but that is more of an allowance for the V-max, not the tyres.

My wish list for the Roadtec is a tread depth indicator in the centre of the rear tyre as there is no way of telling how much rubber is left.

Take a look at the pic in this thread of my SV after a weekend of carving the corners. NOT ONE burnout on that tire mind you. The damn things are too expensive to burn off.
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=1645
Chris

Latest posts

Back