Michelin Commander 150/90H-15 Rear Tire

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheTwistedNomad

Reaction score
Morning all,

Has anyone tried these for the Max? If so, are they shaped like a more like a sport bike type radial? How is the handling on them etc? I am about due for new rubber and would like something I can take sharper turns with at higher speeds but don't have the money to do the 17" or 18" swap so it all comes down to the tire. Thanks.

Twisted

Sorry, but found other tires also. Any thoughts on the
Pirelli MT66,
Bridgestone Exedra G526 OEM Rear Tire 150/90V-15
Also what type of tires are these? radials, ply? Because I have no idea.:confused2:

Thanks again.

Twisted

I personally like the Shinko Tour Master 230 150/90-15 for Grip and cornering ability.
I ride twisty county roads about 80-90% of the time and the TM 230 is definitely the Best Rear Tire I have ever used for Absolute Confidence in the Twsties.
I have been getting about 4500-5000 Miles out of those.
The Michelin Commander II should work well but is probably not as Sticky as the Shinko TM 230, it should last longer though.
I personally just bought a Bridgestone Exedra Max 150/90-15 to see how it does but I haven't installed it yet.

A lot of Guys run Metzeler Marathon 880's and really like them, but they are not as sticky as the Shinko TM 230's.

Here's a Spreadsheet of the BIAS tires that currently fit our Stock Rims:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55030067/V-Max Tires.xlsx
If you don't have Excel, you can use this to view it:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10

PS
I have Run the Metzeler Lasertec and currently the Bridgestone Batlaxx BT-45V (they are Sport Touring tires) up front in the Stock size because they suit my riding habits/style Much better than the Cruiser style front tires.

Latest posts

Back