Michigan deer hunting....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2fear

Reaction score
November 15 is opening day of firearm deer season in Michigan and I'm excited and ready hunt! I have 2 buck tags and 2 doe tags and my hunting partner has the same, we just need the deer to make a showing and it's on. I have the whole 2 weeks of firearm season off from work, finishing up this years vacation days. As much as I love to ride I wouldn't trade my hunting time for it, I sure love the seasons here in Michigan. Just made a fresh batch of venison jerky from my sons first deer of this seasons youth hunt.:BoomSmilie_anim:

Good luck ! nothing like opening day. Been years since Ive had time to get in the woods but i feel the Itch every year.Followed my buddy into his yard one day last week,he had a nice nine point buck in the back his truck.

Good luck !

Deer season opened yesterday (Sat) here & as luck would have it, I got invited this past Thursday to go hog hunting. Of course, being that deer season was 48 hours away, guess what walked out right in front of me at about 40 yards? You guessed it, a MONSTER 8 point - just like the ones you see on The Bucks of Tecomate. I swear that deer was thumbing his nose at me knowing that I had 2 days before I could shoot. I went to another spot opening morning & a large buck busted me still-hunting on a trail. He popped out on the same trail as me about 50 yards behind me & caught me taking a step. He snorted, I turned & he jumped into a cypress head before I could even raise my rifle. I love that trail - I always see deer there. I'm going back Tuesday morning for round 2 ...

Good luck !

Deer season opened yesterday (Sat) here & as luck would have it, I got invited this past Thursday to go hog hunting. Of course, being that deer season was 48 hours away, guess what walked out right in front of me at about 40 yards? You guessed it, a MONSTER 8 point - just like the ones you see on The Bucks of Tecomate. I swear that deer was thumbing his nose at me knowing that I had 2 days before I could shoot. I went to another spot opening morning & a large buck busted me still-hunting on a trail. He popped out on the same trail as me about 50 yards behind me & caught me taking a step. He snorted, I turned & he jumped into a cypress head before I could even raise my rifle. I love that trail - I always see deer there. I'm going back Tuesday morning for round 2 ...

I hope he gives you that second chance. Good luck!

Best of luck to all VMax Hunters. I have a Sportsmans Liscense, Maybe I'll get a chance to go too.

Close to 50 hours in the woods since Nov 15th and I have only seen 1 deer, This is crazy! I'm not sure what is going on but the deer are hiding out, I see plenty of buck rubs, scrapes, and lots of tracks and trails but no deer..... The 1 deer I seen didn't even give me a chance lol, I have 3 days left I can hunt in rifle season then it looks like I will be hunting muzzle loader season in Dec this year. Anybody else have any luck?

supposed to go tomorrow, but being a total pussy cuz the weather is supposed to be cold, rainy and windy.

supposed to go tomorrow, but being a total pussy cuz the weather is supposed to be cold, rainy and windy.
I hunted in a 65 degree thunder storm and pouring rain one day and 32 degrees and windy the next day, crazy shit! It was 21 degrees today when I went out for the morning hunt and warmed up to 31 degrees for the day time high... Don't be a puss, go get-em! :rofl_200:

A guy I work with was in his stand last week, near Dansville NY. He had a big male black bear rolling around on his back, right under his stand.

I hunted in a 65 degree thunder storm and pouring rain one day and 32 degrees and windy the next day, crazy shit! It was 21 degrees today when I went out for the morning hunt and warmed up to 31 degrees for the day time high... Don't be a puss, go get-em! :rofl_200:

I totally pussed out, it;'s not bad out at all, be me and my father in law made the executive decision last night:bang head:

Pay attention when you're out there ! :rofl_200:

Attachments

• Motivation pic deer lunch.jpg
    Motivation pic deer lunch.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 27
I was on my way home for lunch last week when I saw this ,:biglaugh:so I stoped and shot it!...........:th_biggun:.............it was in the back of my buddies truck,my phone "shoots" pretty good pics:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Attachments

• 2010-11-11_12-06-50_201.jpg
    2010-11-11_12-06-50_201.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 23
I used to slaughter deer when I was a teen. But soon as I found cars, bikes, and pussy that all stopped. My son started going last year (he was 12) so I have been going with him. Last year he got a little buck (his first) and a nice doe.
This year we passed up several does waiting on the big buck. It never came. He busted a doe last Sunday of buck season. He is a youth hunter so he will get another chance at a Buck in January. Right now its still Doe season so we can kill as many as we like.
I forgot how grueling deer season can be. Dinkin till 130am then gettin up at 430 am to hunt. It was brutal. we did that youth season, then both weekends of regular season. IM worn out. Gonna wait a bit then head back out and smack some does. And some damn squirrels. they need thined out bad. lol.

Back