Michigan hooligan ride

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure would if a bit closer. A bucket list ride for me is up the eastern shore of Lake Michigan across onto the the UP and then west along Lake Superior. Roughing it.

But, a hooligan ride would work, too...

Something to consider if you run the east side of the lake. There are 2 ferries that cross over to WI in 3 or 4 hours, I don't remember the transit time. We crossed Lake MI in 2015 on the USS Badger, the north ferry, as the sun was going down on the bow and the moon was coming up on the stern - it was a beautiful sunset / moonrise. You can be kind of casual about scheduling it too. If you miss the departure on the south boat, there's time to scurry up to the USS Badger, some miles north. The Badger is the last coal fired steamship operating in the Great Lakes I believe, lots of history with that boat.

They can usually fit a bike or 2 on the boat but cars and especially truck with trailers can be a little harder at peak times. One could cross in the evening on one and then ride a bit in the AM and return on the other.

Attachments

• 20150731_195833.jpg
    20150731_195833.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC02505.JPG
    DSC02505.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 18
Thanks for the tips. It's not on my short-term radar, but is something I have wanted to do for a long time.

Lots of lake Superior shoreline isn't accesable

Thanks again for input/info from "locals".

But, it won't stop me from visiting by motorcycle. Inland lakes are plentiful. Shoreline views are like no other. The place is magical. RV'ed there years ago when the boys were small. That area and the Columbia River Gorge, I think, are among my favorite places in North America. (Desert Southwest not withstanding...)

Thanks again for input/info from "locals".

But, it won't stop me from visiting by motorcycle. Inland lakes are plentiful. Shoreline views are like no other. The place is magical. RV'ed there years ago when the boys were small. That area and the Columbia River Gorge, I think, are among my favorite places in North America. (Desert Southwest not withstanding...)
My dad and I are doing 6 days in the colombia river valley/eastern Washington/western Idaho area this summer with a mix of camping and hotel with a bunch of his college buddies and my uncle. Should be a lot of fun!

Hornhuntertom you are welcome to ride with us anytime. We have beekeeper tom from grandrapids in our group of friends that go on rides through out the summer and I'm sure you can hook up with him anytime you want to ride. We ride hell michigan irish hills area every year . Also do a Leelanau Michigan run and more. If you have a fun route to put together we can follow you also.

So my bike is ready to go on a hooligan ride who's up for the next warm day on the weekend usually what we do is find out who wants to go and figure out where they live and put a ride together accordingly

I'm ready and live in NE Indiana... Let me kniwndatentimenlocatuin and I'll try to make it.

We have a ride plan for Sunday May 2nd as of right now we have six bikes going at least for bikes are coming out of the Grand Rapids area still waiting for what time it starts and what route we're going to take possibly might make it through Hell Michigan.

We are going to meet at the Webberville exit off of I-96 exit 122 at 10 a.m. May 2nd Sunday and then we are going to Cruz Thru Hell Michigan and probably Irish Hills Michigan area maybe eat at the artesian wells

The meet place will be the truck stop next to McDonald's it's right at the exit

I sent the guy from Bay City MI phone number give me a call if you want it looks like your best bet would be to take m52 all the way it would be a nice ride for you. Exit 122 off of I-96 is the m-52 exit so you could just cross over to Midland grab m-52 South and take that all the way to the truck stop I think it would be a nice cruise for you actually.

I'm changing the route up a little bit the meet place will stay the same but we will not be going to Irish Hills we are going to head towards Woodward taking all back roads and winding up taking 59 out of Pontiac to Howell Michigan and splitting off

Latest posts

Back