• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

michigan listing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was gone last night. But hey the one down in chillicothe oh. with ape hangers is still availabl.

The white one:
It's got "one of-everything." The Exactrep dual-light front cowl, Sean has repeatedly remarked gives poor illumination. That looks like a bike CaptainKyle would road-trip for, after settling on a lower price, to strip-off all the aftermarket parts for separate sales, and getting it back to stock, and then selling it to a Japanese collector as a first-year collectible.

At 'used-bike prices' I'd guesstimate, assuming that the engine internally is stock, that the extras are worth somewhere between $7,000-$8,000, perhaps more.

wheels: $1,500 pr.
USD front end: $2,500-3,500 depending on whose it is
NOS: $750-$1,000
chrome engine peek-a-boo case covers: $1,500-$2,000
chrome air scoops: $$600-$800
bellypan, seat, rear fender, side covers, radiator side covers and grille: $1,000
premium instruments, whatever they are (Stack, shift light, oil pressure gauge, etc.): $500-$1,000
4/1 exhaust probably chrome, by whoever: $1,000
aftermarket rear shocks: $250-$1,000 depending upon whose they are
Exactrep alien headlamp: $400-$600
driving lights: $200-$400
I'm sure it's got premium brakes at both ends: calipers, rotors, lines: $1,000. A package deal with the front end and wheels, maybe $4,000

Hey, we're already approaching $12,000! If you replace all that stuff, to stock, and make it really pretty, an '85 could bring $4,000-$5,000 pretty-easily, I estimate.

Buy this, part it-out, restore the bike to 1985 stock, I think you could make enough $ to buy a low-miles Gen II, cash.

Last edited:
Out of all the mid-USA ads in the MI-OH area, this one looks like a lot of fun, if it stays together:

Suzuki 1200 Bandit Turbo - motorcycles/scooters - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

1999 GSF1200 Bandit Turbo . A perfectly good running motorcycle was torn down to the frame and GSXR1000 Frontend , Brakes and Wheels were added along with a 6" extension to swingarm with billet blocks welded in for strength. The motor was torn down, new rod and main bearings (just because for posterity) , new timing chain , adjuster , 1216cc forged big bore kit , Cylinder head freshened up with valve job to make sure everything is sealed up correctly . Hand polished and backcut transmission were added as well as an MRE Lockup Clutch to harness the power and torque. The bike makes 219rwhp spinning the tire on the drum handily . It has made over 300hp on dyno but still has stock rods in it so boost kept at the lower setting. You can ride around all day like a stock 1200 Bandit like nothing or go out n beat up on your buddies' new 1000. This setup has about 3000 miles on it $6000/OBO. No Texts will be responded to.....pick up the phone and CALL if interested ....330 620 9212
Suzuki 1200 Bandit turbo.jpg

I saw this bike,it's just around the corner from me. I'm afraid to go look at it....I might like it.😄😄😄

Latest posts

Back