Michigan ride July 10-11

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolmax

Reaction score
Mark your calendars for the annual Michigan ride with the Hooligans
Date: July 10-11

Friday earlybird ride leaves at 2:30pm
dinner ride leaves at 5:30pm

Saturday ride leaves at 9:30am
lunch 1-1:30
Dinner 7:00

Motel info:

Travelodge
111 AMPEY ROAD
PAW PAW, MI 49079
Phone: 269-657-1111
Travelodge.com

Group rate $79.95Reserved under “Hooligan”
reserved room cut-off date is June 10th

More info TBA

Last years ride was cut short due to threat of rain so hopefully we can get a full ride in this year plus I have been scouting some new roads.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Last edited:
I plan to attend.....on the FJR! :punk:

Anyone interested in splitting a room for the 2 nights? If so leave me a PM here.

And John, would you bring me a chair again? Gotta rest the old bones after riding with the Hooligans!! :biglaugh:

I ll see if I am around, I ll have to bring a slower bike to ride with you guys though :)

Gets tiring waiting at street corners for you guys 2 miles down the road while you catch up!

Maybe I ll get my 73 CB450 going this year and bring that out. Nice classic bike to tool around on.

Todd

This was a shot from some prime riding area east of Paw Paw, taken today Feb 21, Gull Lake, Kalamazoo County MI. You may need to wait a bit for optimum traction.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 26
I wish i could ride that much. I know your from the snow area that was just a reminder of how creative and crazy we can get because of our will to ride. Stay cool Florida man.

I wish i could ride that much. I know your from the snow area that was just a reminder of how creative and crazy we can get because of our will to ride. Stay cool Florida man.

One of my friends from Rochester NY is Tom Robinson who was an ice racing champion not long ago and he was probably approaching 70! His younger brother Dave was a motocross racer for Bultaco in the 1960's in Europe. Their parents owned a Bultaco dealership outside Rochester NY among other brands, and that is where I got my first experience dirt biking, on the trails behind their shop on Ridge Rd., which evidently made an impression nearly 50 years ago. Several members of the Robinson family are in the WNY Racing Hall of Fame. http://wnyracing.ning.com/page/2011-hall-of-fame-class

http://wnyracing.ning.com/page/wny-hall-of-fame-1

Tom, Norm and Dave are friends of Jay Springsteen, though they are older than him.

Stay away from the lake ice thin spots!

Last edited:
To late I used to ride on the ice all the time. Tennis shoes are the warmest for the feat but don't get them wet.

Snow, ice and cold are not for those without the fortitude to embrace a change of seasons. I lived in Atlanta Georgia and New Orleans and got tired of the never ending season. I tried the state of Washington but I needed more distinct seasons although with mountains, lakes and ocean it makes for a great outdoor experiance.
The creaking of the snow or stop to listen to the complete silence while your out snowshoeing/ cross country skiing just taking in the beautiful landscape. The fall season with the cool air, changing leaves and anticipation of the coming hunt is one of my favorites. When I lived in the lower peninsula a buddy came down for Thanksgiving and I took him out in the very early am to a 30 acre woods that I had some blinds set up on and I told him that it wouldn't be long until daylight. He laughed at me and said it was already daylight with all the lights from the surrounding communities. I go now out to hunt in the early am and it is truly pitch black save for the light what the moon and stars shine down on us. The stars are so numerous and the moon so large and bright and only take second place to when the northern lights are out.
Back to the ride, hopefully I can make it down for this ride. It's been too long since I've ridden down in the beautiful S.W. Michigan area.

Watching the people go down on the ice was more funny. Only because i have gone down on ice hard more than a few times and its funny how i always get a quick look around before i get super pissed. Redbone has a'lot of good point's Michigan is all that and more but i wish i could have enough money to spend a half a year to a year any place i wanted to because i think the world offer's us a'lot but just to visit on 1 or 2 weeks vacation is not enough time for a'lot of locations in the world. But for now i will take my chance's with the unforgiving ice and do my best to enjoy Michigan from the seat of a motorcycle. I will try to make the ride as well.

Latest posts

Back