Middle Gear

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devildog44

Reaction score
Stupid question (and I feel stupid for asking); does the oil for your middle gear come from the crankcase or is there another area where you need to fill the middle gear. The reason I ask is I have a clear cover and it is very cloudy and I can only see fluid in about the bottom quarter of the cover.

Thanks for any feedback!

Thanks Tom! How much oil would you see by eye if the the oil level is full in the crankcase?

I like to see it about half way up the sight glass with the bike level on center stand. roughly 3.5qts. As Tom said the engine and gearbox share oil. Final drive is seperate.

If you cant see the oil level behind a cloudy sight glass you could try a powerful flashlight in the dark pressed over half the glass. I had one I had to check that way but with the naked eye forget it.

I like to see it about half way up the sight glass with the bike level on center stand. roughly 3.5qts. As Tom said the engine and gearbox share oil. Final drive is seperate.

If you cant see the oil level behind a cloudy sight glass you could try a powerful flashlight in the dark pressed over half the glass. I had one I had to check that way but with the naked eye forget it.

If it is that cloudy time for a change?

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back