Mikemax #1 poster of User Mods.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbarrie

Reaction score
Mikemax;

I don't mean to center you out. But I just can't help but say that your kicking butt in the User Mods section. Congrats! To the others who have posted - Thank you.
I hope to post a few myself, I know there is lots of guys out there who have done allot to their bikes. No two are the same right. I plead to all, please post your mods. Speaking for the forum, we do not pass judgment, all 100% of us know. "you can't please everyone" but as Mike said it best : "...so why not just please yourself. " There is nothing wrong with showing what you've done with your bike. That's what bike shows and meets are all about.

Thanks Rob, but this isn't a contest of who can post the most mods. We already had a similar category and the winner is now in the dog house, so to speak. I do have to say that you have the right attitude and all should be proud of their accomplishments. It makes for a much closer knit community that is more appreciative of one another instead of some of the jealousy I found on other forums where arguments were on who can spend the most money. And for those that haven't tried to make something on their own, it'll give you a real high. At my age I can get away with much more than most of you so I dare to be a lot different. It's a great feeling not worrying about what others might think. Kind of like "I'm my own boss". This harmony could catch on and might just influence others that a little comradery is better than their back biting.

I know this isn't a contest, and I feel that you know that I didn't mean it like that. I posted it with one thing in mind. To get others ( at least think about ) to post what they have done. I like to see all what ppl have done. I get a weird feeling that many won't post - due to the feeling of being bashed for what they like or how they did something. For one to feel really comfortable here, they need to know that they won't get run over by ANY of the other members. - I have a feeling that Buster and the other Mods won't put up with it. If you do - get ready to say byebye.
The whole idea is to learn from each other. It's the little things... The member who made the end caps, I thought they were awesome. If he thought he was going to run over he wouldn't have posted it. However many don't like the stock exhaust and the first thing they do is change it and that is fine. If I painted by bike ( any color ) than it is, it doesn't change anything other than it's color. It is still a Vmax. So if you do ANYTHING to your bike to make it fit you and your riding style it is still what it is - just a bike - your bike !

I have only had my bike since the fall, and my budget sucks, so it may take me 10 years to do all that I want to do. So I try to do small things, within my means. If I can learn from other, it will save me over the long run. Let's face it, I would be shocked if there was 10 Maxes here where I live. For what ever reason - who cares I love it....

I know exactly the way you meant it and just didn't want to take any credit for anything. I don't like being on stage and know that wasn't your intent.

I never did like a black bike, especially a matte black. Reminds me of death or lack of life. One of the first mods on the new bike was to get it custom painted in a color more to my liking. I've been told by one of my riding buddies that I'm getting closer to what the Harley gang likes. I told him yea, just needed a few coon tails and some mud flaps, and we both laughed. You are so right that no matter the mod, it's still a Max and ready to rumble. Most of the guys I ride with, my bike is top dog. Two own sports bikes but they are into looking for that fine line of no return on some curve. Bin there and done that and that's not what the Max is all about anyway. You're right on, on the mods.

Back