Mikuni carb air/fuel mixture screw tap size?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max0199

Reaction score
One of the carbs on my 85 max has a screwed up air/fuel mixture tread in the carb. I measured the pitch and it is .5(really fine pitch), But I am not sure the size. I think it is 6mm. Anybody had this problem. I can only get the air fuel screw down about 2.5 turns, so I know the threads in the carb are screwed up. I pulled a screw from a different carb just to make sure it was not the screw, Same deal. Its in the carb. Anybody had this problem?:bang head:

ouch, nope i've been lucky, but i bet morley knows.

Sean found a tap with the correct pitch on it for fixing those threads. Shoot him a PM or he will reply to this message.

6 x .5mm

I may have one left I can sell and if not I can get more. Check your local tool supply house first as they aren't cheap.

Sean

Are you sure that there was not a rubber o ring left in there when you took the air needle out

Rhoy

The hole is clean. o ring removed. Threads damaged. Hopefully I can run the tap down it to clean it up. Did I read right that the tap size is 6mm with .5 pitch? I was not sure about the mm size as I could not find a tap this fine ANYWHERE in town. I ended up ordering one from a plumbing supply store for $4.00 + freight. Watch when I go to pick it up the price will change to $40.00! Now trying to keep that tap straight through the hole, This may be a challenge.

I've got a 95 Yamaha Virago with the Mikuni 34mm carbs is this the same pilot screws as yours? Thanks

Back