Mileage how much do you put on?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
How much mileage do you put on your bike a year or month etc.

Do you ride 6 months, 9 months 3 months etc?

So far I have had my max for almost a month and I have put on 1600 miles already.

Todd

10-15000 per year. 8 monthish riding season. I had my 86 max for 2 1/2 years.. bought it with 27,000 miles and sold it with 65,000. I bought my 06 in July of last year with 1800 miles and it now has 9800 but its been sitting in storage unridden since last November.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Except for the few rainy/cold days we get in Southern California pretty much ride year around. I've put 7,000 miles on my V Max in the year and a half I've owned it.
Mike

Bought mine with 12k 3 years ago, now it's at 33k. So I guess that works out to around 7k a season on average. I usually get to ride from May- October.

Though one year I had like 11k, and one year it rained all summer and I had a lot less so it wasn't quite even. I'm already at like 5k this year, though that's mostly due to commuting to work on my bike, which is 90 miles round trip 6 days a week.

People like to make a big deal out of how many miles they ride every year. I guess it can be kind of funny with some of the weekend warrior HD types who have a 5 year old bike and 2000 miles on it making jokes about "real" riders, but in the end if you're out enjoying yourself IMO mileage is pretty irrelevant. Not everyone has the time to log tens of thousands a year, and some riding is better than none.

Good thread! I usually sneak 7 months of riding in, but only when there is NO chance of rain! Only put about 2 to 3,000 miles on a year. Quick jaunts around town don't add up to many miles, and I usually don't take more than 2 hour trips.

I've had my '93 for two years in August and I've put 10k mi on it. I've done several 200+ mile days, one 3 day weekend of 900 miles, and another ride that was 1000+ in 48 hours.

My cousin puts around 20,000 on his bike a year. Its his everyday ride and he also rides through the winter as much as he can. So that just got me to thinking this question.

Todd

6 months regular riding for me. I usually get a couple hundred miles on the dual sport over the winter season(8-900 annual) though. The one I put the most on is the RoadGlide(longer trips) 5-6K per year.
About a 1000 miles per year on the max. Two good 200-250 mile day trips and the rest of the time is 50-80 mile rides

Another SoCal'r here, with year round riding conditions. Max had just over 47,000 miles when I bought it. 6 months later, and it's now over 54,000 miles. So that's looking to be about 14K a year if I keep riding the same.

Once my mod monkey is done with the basics, I'll probably ride even more. Sean's getting a seat order in a few months, if not sooner.

Had mine for a week and put 600 miles on it. Mostly work commuting (average 200 miles round trip). Plan to use it as much as possible-weather permitting. Nw Indiana, so seasonal.

Had mine a week and put just over 600 miles on it. Mostly work commuting. Average 200 miles round trip. Wish I had a bigger tank!!!:biglaugh:

my gen I , I was putting about 3000 miles a year...........BUT I have been very busy buiding seats the last couple years, I got my gen II at christmas and just turned 2900 miles with a few hundred more comming this weekend at thunder!(Ill get busy with seats again in the late fall)

I do close to umpteen miles a year... almost equivalent to 5 shit tons :biglaugh:

Back