Military & Veterans check in!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohnopopo

Reaction score
Just curious who all here is military or a vet...

I'm in the Army, 8 years now and counting with 1 tour in Afghanistan (2012)

US Navy from 1984-1988, all shore duty.
I went to Boot and BEE in San Diego then was an assistant instructor there and then went to FC/FT A School at Great Lakes and then taught there as well.

Been active or supporting the Military with Weapons Builds and Testing since 1972.

U.S. Air Force 1980 thru 1985 , I think it should be mandatory to perform a few years of service for everyone.

U.S. Navy Aircrewman - Aviation Electronics Technician 1983-1987

RTC - Orlando,Florida
"A" School - NAS Millington, Tennessee
Naval Aircrew Candidate School - NAS Pensacola, Florida

UH-1N Polar Helicopter Crew Chief with VXE-6 Antarctica Squadron
Point Mugu, California

Three deployments to USARP McMurdo Station, Ross Island Antarctica and South Pole Station including Camp Beardmore.

Veteran and Navy Civilian (GS) with the Department of Defense since 2007

fb3554c04ad5aa4c632bacf1bcdfe085.jpg

http://antarcticsun.usap.gov/features/contenthandler.cfm?id=2323

Retired Air Force: 22 years active duty.
Only one move - Charleston AFB, SC to McChord AFB, WA.

US Navy, 1960-1968, early years of Vietnam. First A/C carrier & squadron on scene at the "Laos incident" before it actually became widely known as the "Vietnam conflict". Did 4 years as a jet engine mechanic and plane captain on F-8 Crusaders, and another 4 years as a CCA/GCA air approach controller. Talked a lotta guys down to the deck in dark night/rough sea scenarios. Very rewarding experience.

P.S. I'm so happy the young people returning from deployments today are treated with the dignity and respect they deserve, unlike the treatment we got back then, thanks to Hanoi Jane and her ilk.

US Army, 12 years.
Quit to attend college on GI Bill (Bachelor's degree 1976/Master's degree 1977)
Served 3 one year tours in Viet Nam. 65-66, 67-68, 69-70
Bronze Star for valor, 2 Purple Hearts
Military Police platoon sergeant/Drill Instructor

Believe that anyone who is physically able should serve at least 2 years of military service. Military service should be a requirement for anyone who runs for the presidency of the US. Should also be a requirement for US citizenship, for those who are physically able, "females included".

BOB

US Army, 12 years.
Quit to attend college on GI Bill (Bachelor's degree 1976/Master's degree 1977)
Served 3 one year tours in Viet Nam. 65-66, 67-68, 69-70
Bronze Star for valor, 2 Purple Hearts
Military Police platoon sergeant/Drill Instructor

Believe that anyone who is physically able should serve at least 2 years of military service. Military service should be a requirement for anyone who runs for the presidency of the US. Should also be a requirement for US citizenship, for those who are physically able, "females included".

BOB

Sure do agree with that!! :punk:

Marine Corp-MCCS Camp Pendlenton 1977-83-Martial art trainer.
I would like to also thank all here that served.

Served 12 years in Georgia Army National Guard. Called to active duty in Desert Shield. War was over before we ever were deployed. Got out in 94. Mos 13B2. 155mm HowitzerSP.

Latest posts

Back