Mini Racers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes they would if you had that track and club localy. Without a club it gets old fast.

find a local club first, then go from there. if youre the only guy thats into the bikes youll never have a race class.

they have a gyro in them the uses engine/wheel speed to spin, it drains a lot of power from the bike but these in the video obviously have brushless motors you can tell from the torque theyre making. i bet the elctric motors theyre using with the ECUs are 200-300+ and an additional 100 for the battery back, and 100-300 more for the charger and power supply, they also most likely have digital 2.4ghz or 5.8ghz remotes that cost 100-300 bucks plus another 30-60 per receiver.

oh and i bet the actual bike kit costs 400-600 dollars.

and i bet you can just go buy a ninja 250 for 600 bucks on craigslist with a parts bike and just go race in real life.. LOL

i think whats hot right now is the traxxas slash

Better off getting one of these, 2 stroke gas mix HPI Baja's. Guaranteed to tear up any neighbors grass in an instant. Plus they make paddles for the sand in the summer and skis for the snow. No club needed, you crank it up and they come running.

Attachments

• 2010-10-27_16-46-27_866.jpg
    2010-10-27_16-46-27_866.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 2010-10-27_16-47-08_4.jpg
    2010-10-27_16-47-08_4.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 11
  • P1020401.jpg
    P1020401.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Bajapic (4).jpg
    Bajapic (4).jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 13
Those 2stroke Baja's are really cool. RC can be a fun hobby but as said you really need a club or at least a couple buddies who are into it also to really enjoy it.

I had a Traxxas......rustler? I think? it was a 2wd baja truck, electric. Fun, but it broke constantly and parts were annoyingly expensive. The slightest bit of abuse and it fell apart. Remember I taped an eTrex to it and got 45mph out of it, had the most powerful brushed motor around and a 7 cell 8.4 pack. 'cept the motor would burn up after 10-12 uses, and the motor controller thing would go on the fritz at the first sign of moisture. I ended up gutting it and putting the electronics in a model boat.

On the other hand, I have a radio shack YFZ450 RC quad. 4x4, not as fast as the traxxas but does like 25, and has been submerged multiple times, crashed at max speed countless times and generally beat to hell, and it still works perfectly.

I'm an airplane guy but traded a plane for the latest greatest brushless electric Truggy which is a cross between a truck and a buggy. It's called an E maxx. Hey, that rhymes with Vmax! Anyhow, it runs two battery packs each with two cells 5000 mah. Batteries are from China, Lithium Polymer chemistry, under thirty bucks a battery pack. Runs a true 70 mph, not scale speed which is 1:8 scale, a true seventy! The street next to my house is 45 mph limit and can pull out behind a car and pass them no problem. Except the time I did it to an unmarked detective's car. Oh sh!t.
For sale minus batteries for $400.00

check this out its called the shockwave has 23cc motor goes 45+.

Attachments

• boat5.JPG
    boat5.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 6
  • boats.jpg
    boats.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 4
You want to really trip the mind then Google "world record tether car"
everyone thinks the videos are faked but they aren't. Funny thing is, alot of the oldsters are the bast at it!

HPI Baja is very durable. 50MPH out of the box, easy to run, start, and maintain. ive seen geared up buggies do 70+MPH. Problem is they cost.
Mine weighs 22lbs and is around 27" long. its big and hella fun.

Back