Mirriors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drum Dog

Reaction score
I have trouble seeing directly behind me with the stock mirrors on my 2019.
I bought some of these and yes I can see better but i don't like look and the extra height makes for more vibration and they come loose easer.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KMB4K6H/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I have these on order but haven't received them yet. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079KBDC9Q/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Has anyone had the same problem and resolved it or are the stock ones just fine for you?

I have trouble seeing directly behind me with the stock mirrors on my 2019.
I bought some of these and yes I can see better but i don't like look and the extra height makes for more vibration and they come loose easer.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KMB4K6H/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I have these on order but haven't received them yet. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079KBDC9Q/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Has anyone had the same problem and resolved it or are the stock ones just fine for you?

I still have my stockers, same problem couldn't see behind me without leaning to the side and slouching. I adjusted them out as far as I dare go, it did help. They don't seem as wide like the gen 1. Prolly why allot of gen 2 owners switch to bar end type.

I’ve been using bar end mirrors for a long time now, I have several different ones, switching when bored I guess . I tried going back to stock ones and some similar but imho nothing beats bar end mirrors. I have a pair similar to the ones in the amazon link, I like them, I really hope you find them easier to see with.

I’ve been using bar end mirrors for a long time now, I have several different ones, switching when bored I guess . I tried going back to stock ones and some similar but imho nothing beats bar end mirrors. I have a pair similar to the ones in the amazon link, I like them, I really hope you find them easier to see with.
Good input thank you.

My 2010 Vmax had bar end mirrors on it when I bought it. I placed the stock mirrors on them, and decided that the bar end ones worked better. I am not totally happy with the looks of bar end mirrors, but they do work. That is the important thing.

My 2010 Vmax had bar end mirrors on it when I bought it. I placed the stock mirrors on them, and decided that the bar end ones worked better. I am not totally happy with the looks of bar end mirrors, but they do work. That is the important thing.
I agree function over fashion. Mine should arrive Jan. 2 and the weather forecast says I may even be able to try them out.

Keep us posted on bow they work and throw in a few pictures. I have the same problem and have "ram mount" mirrors but they are very bulky and awkward looking. They do work because they are very adjustable.

Keep us posted on bow they work and throw in a few pictures. I have the same problem and have "ram mount" mirrors but they are very bulky and awkward looking. They do work because they are very adjustable.
Will Do

I'm not Italian and I want to see what is back there. Lol
Who is my mod Monkey? Didn't even know I had one.

I got the mirrors and they mounted up very easy. There pretty small and I won't be doing any testing for at least few days.
10 degrees F out and it snowed all day. The HIGH tomorrow is 19.

Here are the ones on my 2010. As I stated, I am not a fan of the way any of the bar end mirrors look, but these do work better than the original ones. They don't look too aweful, so I will keep them for now. It also gives me a place to hang my helmet when I stop.42873533_530563914038654_4291247622393430016_n.jpg 42908282_2161490670773920_84331064381669376_n.jpg

Thanks for your pics. I agree they dont look bad and I'm slowly getting more used to them. Haven't had mine out yet because our streets still have a bit of snow on them so hopefully this weekend.
How do you like the shield?

I like the shield pretty good, but it doesn't do much for the wind alone. I added a small flip shield that I had for my M109. It is not pretty, and doesn't look very large, but it makes a world of difference. I hated the wind above around 65 with just the shield. But with the shield, it is comfortable up to 118 that I can testify to. I think I got this on Ebay for around $12-$20. It can easily be removed also.IMG_20190101_112558335.jpg

Did you guys do anything with a horn? I bought a new 2018 VMax last year and changing the horn was one of the very first things I did.

I thought about the horn, but haven't done anything yet. Where did you conceal it, and how hard was it to install? Anything to make others more aware of your presence is a good thing.

IMG_20170603_172052323.jpg

Bar ends can be mounted underneath as well, they work well that way. I've run them both ways and I think I prefer them underneath at this point.

I thought about the horn, but haven't done anything yet. Where did you conceal it, and how hard was it to install? Anything to make others more aware of your presence is a good thing.

I actually bought the Denali Soundbomb with a specific bracket just for the VMax. I got it from Revzilla and they have either a straight bracket and "l" shaped specific for 2nd Gen. I should have made a video and will post pics later. I actually removed the stock horn and mounted it there. It looks absolutely stock and the sound difference is absolutely incredible. I may need to move the wiring harness, but it still looks awesome. Pics to come!!! I >>>HIGHLY<<< recommend replacing the stock horn with the Denali Soundbomb, straight bracket and wiring harness. I got it all for about $50.

Back