Misery in Phoenix

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And while we’re on the subject of helmets and riding motorcycles in the heat, of all the protective gear, a helmet is truly the most miserable when it’s hot. Without a doubt, a full helmet is the worst. I will confess to employing the use of a quality half helmet when it is really hot and I ride - which happens less and less these days. (Must be getting soft.)
WITH ALL THE TECHNOLOGY WE HAVE THESE DAYS NOBODY HAS COME UP WITH A A/C HELMET? 😁😁 THAT WOULD BE SOME GREAT ACOMPLISHMENT IF SOME GENIUS WAS TO FIGURE HOW TO MAKE ONE..OF COURSE U WOULD ONLY USE IT ON SUMMER TIME..👍

WITH ALL THE TECHNOLOGY WE HAVE THESE DAYS NOBODY HAS COME UP WITH A A/C HELMET? 😁😁 THAT WOULD BE SOME GREAT ACOMPLISHMENT IF SOME GENIUS WAS TO FIGURE HOW TO MAKE ONE..OF COURSE U WOULD ONLY USE IT ON SUMMER TIME..👍

You need to fix your Caps Lock, it seems broken

Nothing beats a good used helmet.manufactured in the 70's. Purchased at a yard sale for $2.00
The really good ones have a seam in the middle.

Nothing beats a good used helmet.manufactured in the 70's. Purchased at a yard sale for $2.00
The really good ones have a seam in the middle.
Seams like a good idea to-me! Thrifty, too!

In keeping with the "misery" aspect of the thread, let's not kid around. Phoenix is hot as hell all Summer long, but this intense heat usually lasts from 2 to 4 weeks immediately prior to the onset of our Summer monsoon. Generally sometime after July 4. So, yeah, the temps will moderate a bit (102-106'ish), but at the expense of increased humidity and the very welcome and often violent monsoon storms.

They can't come soon enough for this ole boy.

n
WOULD BE SOME GREAT ACOMPLISHMENT IF SOME GENIUS WAS TO FIGURE HOW TO MAKE ONE..OF COURSE U WOULD ONLY USE IT ON SUMMER TIME..👍

If you Google for "peltier effect motorcycle helmet" then there have been a few attempts and patents (I haven't been able to follow up the links on my mobile phone so don't know how close to a commercial product they've gotten )

Peltier effect devices are a thin wafer of stuff that transfer heat away from one surface when a voltage is applied so are a far better implementation than using pipes with an aircon unit.

While on a July 4th weekend trip a few years ago it was 104 in Arkansas. I had ATGATT (all the gear all the time). At each gas stop I’d buy 2 bottles of water. One to drink and the other I poured half in my helmet and the other half down the front and back of me soaking my t-shirt under my jacket. Kept me fairly cool til the next stop. One guy wore just a tee and no helmet. We drove by a park with a lake and he pulled up to it got off his bike and walked right in fully clothed. He was miserable but it was one of the funnier things I’ve seen.

The heat doesn't bother me. Yep, it's hot but, hey, a good sweat clears the pores. 😁

Screenshot_20210618-085028_Instagram.jpg

Air conditioned helmets for you:

Products
Feher Helmets | Air Conditioned Motorcycle Helmets

The ACH-1 is the world’s first self-contained air-conditioned motorcycle helmet available to the public. The patented full-face ACH-1 evenly distributes filtered, cooled air freely across the top of the head, cooling it by as much as 12-18 degrees from the ambient temperature. This provides a far more comfortable riding experience in warm weather.

Back