Mixture Screw location

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxedout

Reaction score
Would anyone (MOD?) have a picture of the mixture screw locations on my 07 Vmax?

Thanks in advance,

On the left carb it's the red arrow. Yours are probably capped with a brass plug. Carefully use drill and self tapping screw and then pull to get out.

Attachments

• carbs_01 (640 x 480).JPG
    carbs_01 (640 x 480).JPG
    232.4 KB · Views: 145
As Mark said, probably have a brass plug covering them. Use caution when drilling through. You do not want to hit the a/f screw. Set a stop about 1/4" ~ 5/16" from the tip of your drill bit.

Attachments

• AF Screws.jpg
    AF Screws.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 84
Got it!
Now the only problem is the right front does not appear to change the mixture.

Is it stripped?

I turn and turn from right to left and it just rotates.

if you turn clockwise all the way (carefully don't force it!!) it should eventually come to a stop as it 'sits'.

There is an o-ring holding it in place, so if you've unscrewed it (anticlockwise) all the way it may just be sitting outside the thread. Just try going clockwise applying a small amount of pressure and it should engage again, eventually coming to a stop.

I hope you went in all the way and recorded how many turns it took to come to a stop on each after drilling the plugs, so you know what they were set to by the factory?

Latest posts

Back