Mod Monkey tip of the week

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mod Monkey

Reaction score
Doing some mild surfing and discussing common mods with the MMRB and we came across a company that we believe folks should check out, Beringer brakes. They seem to provide a full set up for ALL Gen 1 Vmax's!!

That MM must be suffering from MMM (Monday Monkey Madness) although I think the furry bastards are quite mad all of the time.
Link monkey, LINK!
They are metaphorically the missing link!:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

That MM must be suffering from MMM (Monday Monkey Madness) although I think the furry bastards are quite mad all of the time.
Link monkey, LINK!
They are metaphorically the missing link!:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

That's it Brian!!! The missing link in post 1....it's a riddle, don't you see? :ummm:

The monkey's the missing link....he left us a missing link....it's all coming together now......!! :wacko::wacko::whistlin::wacko::wacko:

C'mon a full kit which includes:

calipers, lines, mastercylinders, rotors

All for $3k........ Break down the costs for what folks have done and you will see that they are actually not too far out of line, AND they color match well.

And You will not feel a diffrence beteween 3K$ BR and R1 calipers with good pads and rotots...unless you will buy supersport bike.
I spent less than $350 for Busa calipers/ adapters/ ss lines/ rotors and I have all and more brakes than I need.
The monkey is just getting to be a little over the top, sure it's bling but you have to draw the line somewhere!:confused2::hmmm::whistlin:

Last edited:
hmm... lemme see:

- 3x chinese wave rotors $350 shipped
- 3x Jedi adaptors $60
- 3x HH pads $75
- all round new SS brake lines $150
- Vmax alu M/C covers $18
- Fresh paint on the M/Cs (inc clutch lol) $2
- Fresh brake fluid $8
- Fitting it all myself $0

TOTAL $ 663

And my bike brakes SO good I can lock either wheel any time. For 3k I can buy another Max, part it out for about 5-6k and get a brand new Van-Van :clapping::rofl_200:

Attachments

• P1080495.jpg
    P1080495.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 12
  • P1080492.jpg
    P1080492.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 9
I spent less than $350 for Busa calipers/ adapters/ ss lines/ rotors and I have all and more brakes than I need.
The monkey is just getting to be a little over the top, sure it's bling but you have to draw the line somewhere!:confused2::hmmm::whistlin:

Indeed at all Brian.

This route could be reach even a little cheaper.

Id consider buying those BR if Id goin racing in moto gp.

Indeed at all Brian.

This route could be reach even a little cheaper.

Id consider buying those BR if Id goin racing in moto gp.

Przemek great idea! This could be your big opportunity to show Valentino Rossi and Nicky Hayden who the new kid on the block is. I think if you order next day you could get your bike set up and qualify for the Moto GP race in Indy at the end of August. Its not too late, this could be your big break!

Przemek great idea! This could be your big opportunity to show Valentino Rossi and Nicky Hayden who the new kid on the block is. I think if you order next day you could get your bike set up and qualify for the Moto GP race in Indy at the end of August. Its not too late, this could be your big break!

I could swear that I've had that game somewhere around mine Playstation :rofl_200:

MM must have gotten into a bad batch of bananas I'd say. Maybe even eaten one of those banana flavored chrome spiders. What say you Dan-O?

next thing you know he"ll be trying to talk me into a motor management system.:rofl_200:

MM must have gotten into a bad batch of bananas I'd say. Maybe even eaten one of those banana flavored chrome spiders. What say you Dan-O?

Pretty sure you're onto something there Patrick....come to think of it I haven't seen that chrome spider around for a couple days......:ummm:

I'm well aware of the potential issues from badmouthing the M/M but I'm sorry....you've flipped your wig Mr. Monkey!!

My bike stops good now, the $3K could buy me a N2O kit, Maxgasser seat, Fatmax belly pan, Gen-Mar riser, Mark's S/S pipes & a Morley Jet Kit!!!

And you want me to spend it on a some color co-ordinated brakes???? :rofl_200:

Come-on man.....get real!! :punk:

Back