Modified air box

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a modified box/K&N filter/decat needs the ecu reflashed but what about just the airbox mod with the stock filter?
Work just fine, may pick up a couple HP. Running mine this way till I get x pipe and flash. Not a big change but sounds way better!!

I was actually curious to find out since I have to replace my stock air filter, can I swap for a high flow DNA filter keeping everything stock, will this have any adverse effect on the engine?

I was actually curious to find out since I have to replace my stock air filter, can I swap for a high flow DNA filter keeping everything stock, will this have any adverse effect on the engine?

Can't remember where I read it but supposedly, the air filter change to a K&N oiled-gauze type doesn't have as much effect on air flow as removing the airbox baffle.

Can't remember where I read it but supposedly, the air filter change to a K&N oiled-gauze type doesn't have as much effect on air flow as removing the airbox baffle.
Read the same thing. That's why I didn't go to the K&N mod on my Gen 1. Just rebuilt the Joints.

Work just fine, may pick up a couple HP. Running mine this way till I get x pipe and flash. Not a big change but sounds way better!!
I've tried an it dose nothing but seems to loose pulling power thru all rev ranges... it runs an does best with stock configures...thats jus my experience

Back