Modified exhaust, the big block sound is back!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish I could take credit but this is a member of a different forum, maybe a member here to but I'm not sure. I hope I didn't steal his thunder. He just eliminated the catalytic converter.

George,

I saw this also and other pictures of the pipes. I guess all I can say is it was a nobel first attempt and shows that the 09 has some good sound potential. I was a little disapointed that he didn't let it idle more. The little it did idle sounded pretty flat instead of lumpy where you could hear the cams.

I'm still not convinced it will ever sound as good as the first gens.

The pipe fitting and welding were a little rough on that attempt. I would have made the piping from the front cylinders as short as posible and tried to lengthen out the rear cylinders to try and achieve equal length pipes as much as possible.

That being said. Pipe fitting is an art not many people posess. I'll sure give him an A for effort.

George,

I saw this also and other pictures of the pipes. I guess all I can say is it was a nobel first attempt and shows that the 09 has some good sound potential. I was a little disapointed that he didn't let it idle more. The little it did idle sounded pretty flat instead of lumpy where you could hear the cams.

I'm still not convinced it will ever sound as good as the first gens.

The pipe fitting and welding were a little rough on that attempt. I would have made the piping from the front cylinders as short as posible and tried to lengthen out the rear cylinders to try and achieve equal length pipes as much as possible.

That being said. Pipe fitting is an art not many people posess. I'll sure give him an A for effort.

I think your right about it not sounding as good as a Gen I. On the 05 I used to have I had a 3 way switch for the VBOOST, on, off, and stock. With the VBOOST on at idle I've had people ask if I had the cam changed because it kinda loped. I don't think you can get that sound with the EFI. Still sounds tough though.

Sooooo.... you gutted the cat? or removed and welded some other pipe work?

I want to do the exhaust on my 09 but want to keep the standard look, can you just rip the crap out of the cats and re fit? Will it need to be retuned and or affect the performance?
I'm in Australia so we dont have much choice for exhausts on the 09's

Get a big block! I've got a 540 CI engine we can sell you but it won't fit into the bike chassis very well. It will however make a ton more HP (somewhere around 800 street setup or more).

Sean

How did you get that sound; it's the incredibly right sound I'm looking for? Are they stock mufflers?

Latest posts

Back