more bad news about 'Vettes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/10-startlingly-dangerous-cars.html/2/

Chevrolet Corvette
The Chevrolet (NYSE:GM) Corvette is not one of the most dangerous cars of all time due to a lack of safety features but because of the reckless nature that tends to go hand-in-hand with speed enthusiasts who purchase the vehicle.

Because of Corvette drivers’ tendency to love launching the car into speeds as fast as it can possibly handle, the Corvette has reportedly killed more people than any other car in history. An estimated 5.2 drivers and passengers die in car accidents for every 10,000 1985-1987 model year Corvettes registered in the U.S., according to a study from 1990 reported on by the Associated Press. That’s pretty high, considering that the lowest rate is calculated at 0.6 deaths per 10,000 vehicles for the Volvo 740-760 four-door. Some Corvettes can go from 0 to 60 in only 3.3 seconds (at least these days), and a lot of overzealous drivers have had a fatally hard time appropriately and safely handling that amount of power in one tiny fiberglass vehicle.

And, Gen I Vmax's are among the most dangerous motorcycles ever made. Cause everyone tended to push them beyond their limits. Atleast when they were left stock.:ummm::confused2::rofl_200:

I've rarely seen anyone driving a Vette in the last 15 years that wasn't over the age of 55 and pretty damn responsible.

Me thinks that article is full of hooey

I've rarely seen anyone driving a Vette in the last 15 years that wasn't over the age of 55 and pretty damn responsible.

Me thinks that article is full of hooey
I think that is what 85 MAX fan thinks too! His buddy Rocktansky know a little about responsibly hot rodding around on Vmax's.
I agree with you too Rusty, not a cheap car to buy, own or insure.

After two years of 50% of first and second-year original V-Max owners 'buying the farm' because of the fearsome performance of the most-powerful bike on the market, Yamaha decided to take 1987 off to determine if they were going to withdraw the bike from the American market. :rofl_200:

"I read it in Wikipedia":hmmm:

And, Gen I Vmax's are among the most dangerous motorcycles ever made. Cause everyone tended to push them beyond their limits. Atleast when they were left stock.:ummm::confused2::rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back