Morgan Carbtune!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

82ndCowboy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered a Morgan Carbtune back on the 2nd of June from the manufacturer in the UK.
It arrived in my mailbox on the 12th. 10 days shipping as promised. The Carbtune is fairly good quality and included everything the manufacturer claimed came with it.
It was a piece of cake to follow the instruction and set up the Carbtune for use. Took about 5-10 minutes to put the restricters into the hoses. It came with ample supply of hose and restricter tube.
I finally got a chance to use it today as I did an oil change and tune up on my Baby.
Number 3 carb was way up out of whack from the other carbs. And although I don't think I properly figured out which carb is what number. I was able to sync up the carbs in less than 15 minutes. I've never synced a carb before in my entire life, but was able to after reading the instructions that came with the Carbtune and the VMAX12C service manual.
So that should attest to how easy syncing carbs with the Morgan Carbtune is.
It took a little getting used to reading the rods as they fluctuated a little bit. But it did not hinder my ability to get the carbs synced. All is needed is a little patience.
Keeping in mind I've never used any other tool to sync carbs with...
I rate this tool an A+ and recommend it to anyone looking for something so they can sync their own carbs, instead of paying someone else to do it.
It is well worth the $128. US dollars I spent for it.

I ordered a Morgan Carbtune back on the 2nd of June from the manufacturer in the UK.
It arrived in my mailbox on the 12th. 10 days shipping as promised. The Carbtune is fairly good quality and included everything the manufacturer claimed came with it.
It was a piece of cake to follow the instruction and set up the Carbtune for use. Took about 5-10 minutes to put the restricters into the hoses. It came with ample supply of hose and restricter tube.
I finally got a chance to use it today as I did an oil change and tune up on my Baby.
Number 3 carb was way up out of whack from the other carbs. And although I don't think I properly figured out which carb is what number. I was able to sync up the carbs in less than 15 minutes. I've never synced a carb before in my entire life, but was able to after reading the instructions that came with the Carbtune and the VMAX12C service manual.
So that should attest to how easy syncing carbs with the Morgan Carbtune is.
It took a little getting used to reading the rods as they fluctuated a little bit. But it did not hinder my ability to get the carbs synced. All is needed is a little patience.
Keeping in mind I've never used any other tool to sync carbs with...
I rate this tool an A+ and recommend it to anyone looking for something so they can sync their own carbs, instead of paying someone else to do it.
It is well worth the $128. US dollars I spent for it.

I've been using the Morgan for years. It's a very good tool. I've used it over and over on my bikes and many others.

Kewl XS...

Maybe you can refresh my memory?
How are the carbs numbered?
sitting on the bike
is it ?

1 2
3 4

or is it?

1 3
2 4

or am I completely out of whack and it's?

1 4
2 3

:ummm:

Hi 82,
Also had a Carbtune for years. Did you put in the little restrictors in the black hoses?????????? Very little flutter of the rods with them in. Helped out many friends with this easy to use tool with NO mercury.
Lew

Hi 82,
Also had a Carbtune for years. Did you put in the little restrictors in the black hoses?????????? Very little flutter of the rods with them in. Helped out many friends with this easy to use tool with NO mercury.
Lew

Yuppers... 10cm from the end of the hose just like the instructions indicated. The fluctuation are only about one notch on the scale and really isn't that bad.
I was very pleased in my ability to get all 4 rods fluctuating together at about the same amount, and almost perfectly synced together.
Course I'm meticulous and annal about most things! And Doubly So on my Baby!

Is the manufacturer the best place to order one of these? Anyone found an American dealer that can get it to me cheaper?

Can you send a link? Looks like the manufacturer is in Belfast. It also looks like, with the exchange rate being where it is at right now, they can get it to my door for about $95 USD. This is pretty good, no?

I just got mine in the mail a few days ago.

I paid 100 Canadian.

Came in one piece - but was packaged in a plastic bag - and that's it.
________
YZ100

Last edited:
Can you send a link? Looks like the manufacturer is in Belfast. It also looks like, with the exchange rate being where it is at right now, they can get it to my door for about $95 USD. This is pretty good, no?

might be a bit late but i found a place near san fran.. http://www.casporttouring.com/cst/motorcycle/MorganT/243.html

im looking for a new set as im going to throw away my motion pro non-merc sticks because they suck. was thinking how the morgan can be more accurate for how short it is vs the other long yellow one (forgot name). anyone have experience with both?

I used to have the motion pro one too and sold it with my last bike. Last summer along with a new vmax (05), I picked one of these up last summer and they are great....I have had no problems syncing my carbs. Just as easy as the motion pro.

Yo Suckas, I paid $45 bucks for mine new in the case off of Craig's List. Beat that, I triple dog dare ya. :eusa_dance:

ya well.. i just saved 15% on my car insurance by switching to Geiko!! beat that!:rofl_200:

Yo Suckas, I paid $45 bucks for mine new in the case off of Craig's List. Beat that, I triple dog dare ya. :eusa_dance:

Two Swedish stewardesses showed up last night and gave me a Morgan Carbtune, they were tired from the trip and asked to stay the night....after a group shower we all relaxed in front of the fire, sipping wine and.......well, you get the picture!! :rofl_200:

Back