Morley muscle kit breather hose

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midmoraider

Reaction score
Hey all, just had a question about Sean's muscle kit. Is the crankcase breather hose absolutely necessary? I'm just worried about the hose leaking and wonder how much hp does installing it really get. I am getting ready to order from Sean and just want to make sure on this part of it. Thanks.

Never had any problems with mine leaking, can't really say how much power just the breather gave me but the theory is sound so I used mine.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

No leaking here but the hose started to melt on me. I think sean has since upgraded the hose.

Hey Midmoraider,
I've been running Sean's muscle kit since July... which isn't too long, but no leaks from the crankcase breather hose at all. It all works together to squeeze the most hp out of the Vmax engine. Sean knows his stuff ! :worthy:
Haven't dyno'd the bike but I can sure tell the difference the kit makes. I'm glad I installed it.

I guess the way I'm thinking is that if I did put a crankcase hose on, I would want one of the true braided ones like Redbone and some others have. So, I don't really want to spend the money on the rubber type only to have to buy the braided one down the line.

The hose in the kit only costs about $5. Not much in savings if you don't order it. I've never heard of one leaking. As long as its properly connected to the tee you wont have any problems.

You could grab a few spring clamps to give you peace of mind. :biglaugh:

The SS braided (size -8) hose from Summit racing cost $20 for 3' (you'll need about 16" for this so you could split the cost with someone). Buy a couple of SS clamps and you're good to go. I added a nicer clamp that cost $9.00 but it was for purely cosmetic reasons.
IMG_0649.jpg
Now, back to my apple pie a la mode!:biglaugh:

The SS braided (size -8) hose from Summit racing cost $20 for 3' (you'll need about 16" for this so you could split the cost with someone). Buy a couple of SS clamps and you're good to go. I added a nicer clamp that cost $9.00 but it was for purely cosmetic reasons.
View attachment 25148
Now, back to my apple pie a la mode!:biglaugh:

Thas purdy. :biglaugh:

Hey all, just had a question about Sean's muscle kit. Is the crankcase breather hose absolutely necessary? I'm just worried about the hose leaking and wonder how much hp does installing it really get. I am getting ready to order from Sean and just want to make sure on this part of it. Thanks.

No leakage with mine :biglaugh:

Attachments

• user1127_pic3875_1284947110.jpg
    user1127_pic3875_1284947110.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 71
I run the Morley kit too, and I think the tube adds to the beefy look of the bike.

Elimax

I run the Morley kit too, and I think the tube adds to the beefy look of the bike.

Elimax

+1 , plumbing reminds me of a Hot Rod . Stage 7 includes the breather accessory as well , so there must be an advantage . Currently runnin' the Morleys Kit on the black, c.f. - '98 , Stage 7 on the blue - '90 .

Attachments

• DSC02629.jpg
    DSC02629.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 7-19-11 204.jpg
    7-19-11 204.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 61
Is the oil filler cap that comes with the kit barbed on top? I am trying to figure out what fittings I will need to run the ss setup like Redbone has.

Is the oil filler cap that comes with the kit barbed on top? I am trying to figure out what fittings I will need to run the ss setup like Redbone has.
Yes, the cap is barbed, you may also need a o-ring to seal it. I returned your PM but will have to wait until I get home and can get you the part numbers off my receipt.

The oring is normally moved over from the stock cap. It does come barbed but I need to consider making some of these with a hole that is threaded for the AN fitting. In the past I have taken stock ones and cut off the tab and drilled/tapped a hole. You could do that yourself and save the cost of the barbed cap.

Sean

That extra line helps relieve crank case pressure, which the pistons have to needlessly fight on the way down. Less resistance on the piston helps with ring seal. Higher rpm's even more so. If your going to buy a stage 7 or Morley jet kit-my preference, I'd assume you're looking for more performance and will not be putting around town? I have neither kit, but like both. I have the 1/2" i.d. line installed. I haven't any dyno proof, but really aren't questioning if it's functional. The braided line looks awesome. Good grade rubber hose won't melt.
Steve

Sorry for all the questions. I've never messed with the carbs on a bike and want to make sure I don't screw something up. The breather hose attaches at the fill plug and then into a tee somewhere up top right? Are the fittings on the braided line just fancy hose clamps, because I can't tell from anyone's pics. Is oil actually sucked up the hose and if so, where does it go?

Again, sorry for the ignorant questions, I just haven't seen this setup in person to get an idea of how it all connects.

Is oil actually sucked up the hose and if so, where does it go?
no. the oil goes the other way around. the oil droplets spray up from the crankcase breather via OEM tube and then drips back into the oil filler via the Morely or S7 braided tube. something like that. this is not necessarily a way to move oil, but rather a way to capture the oil particles that are attached to the gases being expelled from the crankcase

No question is ignorant Bro. Hopefully oil doesn?t go up the breather hose and into the filter/air box (depends what you?re setting up). A little bit can and it will if you use too much oil or have an issue with the engine, or run like you are being chased all the time. I?m talking just normal hooligan riding /cruising. Braided hose can clamp or use fittings, depends on the type of hose, but room is an issue, so clamps IMHO. So ask away, research threads. There is so much knowledge on this Forum. And, the best group of guys you'll ever meet.
Steve-o

QUOTE=midmoraider;227498]Sorry for all the questions. I've never messed with the carbs on a bike and want to make sure I don't screw something up. The breather hose attaches at the fill plug and then into a tee somewhere up top right? Are the fittings on the braided line just fancy hose clamps, because I can't tell from anyone's pics. Is oil actually sucked up the hose and if so, where does it go?

Again, sorry for the ignorant questions, I just haven't seen this setup in person to get an idea of how it all connects.[/QUOTE]

Back