Morley's Hayabusa conversion

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N34stryker

Reaction score
I wanted to let you guys know I did Sean's dual hyabusa brake upgrade with stainless lines and 320 mm rotors. Holy. Crap. This thing is awesome. Way more confidence inspiring and much better than stock. It's a 2000 so I already had the updated brakes. Damn, if you're thinking of upgrading, do it! I used Chinese rotors from eBay and had to grind my rotor screws, bolts, whatever with a bench grinder because they weren't recessed where the bolts go like the factory ones. Awesome upgrade, and thanks for handling all of my idiotic questions Sean.

Yes any besides the ones from the gixxers early 2000s which have 63mm bolt spacing.

Lever feels great. Nice and firm, but progressive. Correctamundo on the early 2000s. I cleaned them and added sintered pads. You also have to use FJR 1300 rotors. Same bolt spacing, but 320mm. I'm using a stock, but new master. By the way, bleeding a motorcycle master cylinder seriously sucks. I don't even want to do the clutch cable now.

Yea, most customers I suggest the single caliper and 320mm rotor as the dual 320mm setup can almost be over powering! It's the adapter, 2005 FJR 1300 320mm rotors, 99-07 Hayabusa calipers and a little grinding on the inside of the caliper. You also need new +4" longer lines. Of course we can supply it all (though I think I am getting low on some of the adapters).

Sean

Busa 6-pots are the best I've ever tried. Comparing those with the stock 4-pots or R1 calipers is like comparing the early model 2-pots with stock 4-pots....except bigger difference! IMO.

Yea, most customers I suggest the single caliper and 320mm rotor as the dual 320mm setup can almost be over powering! It's the adapter, 2005 FJR 1300 320mm rotors, 99-07 Hayabusa calipers and a little grinding on the inside of the caliper. You also need new +4" longer lines. Of course we can supply it all (though I think I am getting low on some of the adapters).

Sean
I might go that route on the next Vmax. I like brakes that stop.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

I love my Tokico 6 pot calipers, it was one of my very first mods along with progressive springs. Using my stock master cylinder, SS lines, and 298mm chinese wavy rotors I have all (and then some!) the braking my Vmax can use. It is very confidence inspiring and progressive.

Last edited:
Here's my setup.

Attachments

• 20150712_153722.jpg
    20150712_153722.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 20150719_161349.jpg
    20150719_161349.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 84
I'll post pics of mine tomorrow, and send them to you. I don't think it needs the 4" over brake line. Mine seems really baggy.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Emailed. If you are looking to upgrade I would definitely do it. Along with grinding a little off of the caliper I had to grind the bolts that hold the rotor to the wheel. I just held them with pliers and used a bench grinder. My wave rotors didn't have the recesses like the stock ones.

I would think 2in longer would be good. Mine have a little extra slop. I also used a couple washers on the inside of the bracket for each caliper mounting bolt to center the caliper over the rotors.

Latest posts

Back