Morleys jet kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
So now that I have the racing bug, I have a question. I ran 7.28 (1/8th) with several other passes in the low 7.3's. my 60 ft times were around 1.8 with a best of 1.77. I see I have room for improvement on the 60 ft, so with pratice I can see being consistantly in the 7.2's. Would a jet kit, set up correctly, get me to around 7 flat? I have a marks 4-1 already. I guess i'm asking what gains in time could I expect with a kit? There were around 15 bikes racing ( pretty much stock) when I was at the track, and I only saw one of them get in the 6's. I would like to be close or there. Also, is straping the front end down as simple as it sounds. Does anyone have a picture as to where the strap is to be wrapped around.:ummm:

I don't have any type of jet kit now. needles are shimmed .30 for marks 4-1. thats all. Read through the links. Very helpful. Thanks

I have a stage 7 with Vboost still hooked up. My last 1/8 mile pass was 6.97 @ 100.9 mph . I think you weigh a little less than me so I am sure you can get there. Either kit should get you where your trying to get.

Going to cruise night huh. Where was the invite lol just kidding. I think some of us locals should get together and go before the end of year

I've only run my old fzr once. But I wanna do my max. I can't drag a bike maintain because I don't do the burn out. Tires cost to much lol. I liked running my truck until I blew my output shaft in pieces. But I was running 8.5 around every time my fastest was 8.25. :D in a diesel.

I tried not to do a burn out, But I lost traction every time. At first I hated to heat it up. I only have 6 or 7 hundred miles on the tire. I don't spend to much time smoking the tire, but it deffinately helped. Its a shinko, and I'm running 22 psi

Finally into the 'tens!' Good for you Kyle, was it the gauntlet hockey gloves?:biglaugh:

I am too-chicken to go to the track to run my bike, but I ride vicariously when yous-guyz do!:punk:

Finally into the 'tens!' Good for you Kyle, was it the gauntlet hockey gloves?:biglaugh:

I am too-chicken to go to the track to run my bike, but I ride vicariously when yous-guyz do!:punk:
Yeah that run was from a few months ago & them gloves make you go fast. I have changed quite a few things since then so hopefully will be a little deeper into the 10's now. If I would get rid of my size 13 steel toe work boots I would probaly lose another 5-6 lbs.LOL

Unless your bike is running really rich or lean, just changing jets wont add power. The power is already there, you just need to find it. Which in sense means reading your bike and finding out were to free it up at.

Kyle, how much do you weigh? I am just curious because my best time is 11.28 and my best mph is 120 mph. I am around 850 ish lbs bike and gear with me on it. I am assuming some of you guys that are faster might be a little lighter then me. The mph is there, just not enough hp to make the et better.

Plus I am running lean. But still, you guys make me jealous!

Todd

Good pass Kyle. Guys, make note of the 60' time. That's where he was able to get the 10 second pass from. It also doesn't hurt to have a racetrack with better effective elevation (sea level). Our track is almost typically an elevation effective of about 4000-4500' which makes for slower times. Our actual elevation is 1350' but our "air" is almost always crap.

My best time this last weekend was 11.45 @ 116 mph. Best 60' time was 1.70-1.71 (can't remember the exact number right now). So, using the NHRA conversion calculator my sea level times would have been 10.81 @ 122 mph

Here's the link to get your conversion factor:
http://www.iroc-zpostforum.com/NHRACF.htm

You'll need to know your effective altitude which is taken from the overall weather conditions (barometer is one of the biggest factors).

With that info you can more easily compare yourself with other racers like Kyle.

Sean

I weigh about 210 in gear so im not like a Horse Jockey. I cant remember what the temperture was like that night but it was pretty warm & the humidity was not great. I have played with the jetting on this bike a good bit trying diffrent combos.

Unless your bike is running really rich or lean, just changing jets wont add power. The power is already there, you just need to find it. Which in sense means reading your bike and finding out were to free it up at.

Todd, Are you running with a stage 7 or morleys muscle kit?

Kyle, how much do you weigh? I am just curious because my best time is 11.28 and my best mph is 120 mph. I am around 850 ish lbs bike and gear with me on it. I am assuming some of you guys that are faster might be a little lighter then me. The mph is there, just not enough hp to make the et better.

Plus I am running lean. But still, you guys make me jealous!

Todd

Your mph is an indication of HP so your good there Todd... From what I've seen on here and personally 10's are hard to get with a stock internaled engine so congrats Kyle! My carbs are better now than they ever were and I still have a few more ideas, hoping to get my big ass into the 10's next time I go but even if I only go 11.0's I'll be really happy because even though I'm trying to lose weight I'll still probably be 260lbs before I put on my gear...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

To get to the original posters question, either a stage 7 or the Morley kit will get you where you want to be, I prefer the Morley kit because I think it keeps a little more torque and for me being a big guy that's important... No matter what you get it'll be work getting it right, plugs are a bitch to read on these bikes so unless you dyno it with a sniffer or have a wideband O2 and race alot and make changes at the track its hard to know what direction to move in...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Todd, Are you running with a stage 7 or morleys muscle kit?

I have stock jetting on my bike. I have never taken the carbs apart yet. Though throttle chops show a lean condition on the plugs.

Todd

Back