Morley's Jets Setup

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew_STNY

Reaction score
Hey, all!

Just got my seats back from Sean. Superb, as I have read from others. Haven't rode more than 10 miles, so I can't really comment on the comfort yet. If I get a wild hair, I might go to Michigan next week, but it would have to be really wild.

Anyway, I also bought the muscle kit and here is the starting setup I have:

Primary Altitude - 800 - 1500 ft
Location - Western NY

Mains - 150
Air correctors installed
Pilot Air Jets - 90/170 (Stock)
Pilot jet - Stock? I didn't look when I had the bowl off and I didn't want to pull the jet holder.
Needles - Stage 7 at 3rd notch from blunt
Pilot screws - 2.5 - 3.5 turns out
Floats - set dry where the half moon and the ejector mark on the jet holder meet. Measured wet to be right at 17mm after assembly.
Filtration - K&N replacement oval filter at stock location (I have Sean's flat filter, but I am too chicken right now to cut up the filter box cover)

Needle tests - ?? I can't find the article?!?!

Anyway, I read something about 1500-2k operation cold. It doesn't hold here very well cold, but once warmed a bit, it seems to have quite a bit of control through this area.

4k roll-on - feels really good, I didn't notice any bogging

High speed/full-throttle - Haven't done a full pull yet.

Partial throttle, light acceleration - I did notice a bit of a lean out just after 4k this morning getting on the highway. The tone of the engine went from a mellow rumble to a higher pitched tone and back to a more full-bodied sound above 5k.

I don't know if there's a bike dyno in the Rochester area, I would like to head up and see what the curves look like.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Drew

Hey, all!

Just got my seats back from Sean. Superb, as I have read from others. Haven't rode more than 10 miles, so I can't really comment on the comfort yet. If I get a wild hair, I might go to Michigan next week, but it would have to be really wild.

Anyway, I also bought the muscle kit and here is the starting setup I have:

Primary Altitude - 800 - 1500 ft
Location - Western NY

Mains - 150
Air correctors installed
Pilot Air Jets - 90/170 (Stock)
Pilot jet - Stock? I didn't look when I had the bowl off and I didn't want to pull the jet holder.
Needles - Stage 7 at 3rd notch from blunt
Pilot screws - 2.5 - 3.5 turns out
Floats - set dry where the half moon and the ejector mark on the jet holder meet. Measured wet to be right at 17mm after assembly.
Filtration - K&N replacement oval filter at stock location (I have Sean's flat filter, but I am too chicken right now to cut up the filter box cover)

Needle tests - ?? I can't find the article?!?!

Anyway, I read something about 1500-2k operation cold. It doesn't hold here very well cold, but once warmed a bit, it seems to have quite a bit of control through this area.

4k roll-on - feels really good, I didn't notice any bogging

High speed/full-throttle - Haven't done a full pull yet.

Partial throttle, light acceleration - I did notice a bit of a lean out just after 4k this morning getting on the highway. The tone of the engine went from a mellow rumble to a higher pitched tone and back to a more full-bodied sound above 5k.

I don't know if there's a bike dyno in the Rochester area, I would like to head up and see what the curves look like.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Drew

like the man said........ you installed the air correctors, but didn't do the lid modification which is THE REASON you need the air correctors. Takes balls to openly admit you didn't install it right, though.....

Tonight and tomorrow are supposed to rain, so the filter box will get a face lift.

What is the best sealant to use to glue the filter in place?

100% pure silicone available for your caulk gun from any lumber store

Well, I took a good long ride this weekend, 278 miles, and 44.97mpg!!! Wow! That's the best mileage ever!!

The bottom end is still a bit lean (maybe). Thing I might have to get someone to clean the carbs really well.

Put three tanks of Seafoam through on Saturday while riding and it seemed to get better, but I noticed that when I stopped for a break and the carbs heated up from the latent engine heat, the bottom end was much better. Did I look at putting in bigger slow jets? I'm running stock right now.

The refinished seat from Sean is much better. I was able to ride all day without to much discomfort. My hips were not at all in pain like they used to be.

Now to get highway pegs installed so I can stretch out!!

You may need to give some additional turns out on the mix screw and see how that does. Great MPG though!

Latest posts

Back