Morleys Musclebike 1

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

one2dmax

Staff member
Reaction score
Here are a few teaser pics. More to come. Engine is now assembled (waiting on covers from chromer) and small items on frame are installed.

Frame was raked an additional 6 degrees for a total of 33 in the frame (the rake counting the forks is 38). I am also installing a 3" over swingarm which is at the chromers right now too.

Engine is actually an old 83 or 84 venture 1200 that has been bored 20 thou and stock oversize vmax pistons used. The block has been decked .040 to get the piston closer to top of the deck. The sleeves are "o'ringed" and cometic .043 copper gaskets installed. Cams are megacycle and about the largest we can use with stock buckets. Heads have been ported and use stock valves.

We have custom oil pump drive gears which overdrive the oil pump by 25% and helps keep oil pressure up for high rpm use. The mains are cross drilled to provide oiling to the crankshaft thrust surface. Oil pressure should be 80-100lbs at cruising speeds. The engines have been tested with this combination to 11,300 rpm under extreme loading conditions and survive well.

The transmission is one of our overdrive units with stock 1st through 4th gears and a royal star fifth gear. Shift drum has been upgraded with newer shift segment and pins.

The bike is getting a lot of chrome in both black chrome on the red side of the bike and regular chrome on the black side of the bike. Solid mounts are being installed as is a pair of frame braces.

Many other custom parts are being put in too. One of our digital speedo's will be installed with built in shift light and tach. Braided brake lines, R1 brake calipers, 05 forks, 17" rear wheel and radials all around. Works shocks on the rear and racetech springs in the front end.

Of course on our seats will be on it as well and is also a split personality seat with black and carbon fiber on one side and all smooth black on the other.

I haven't decided if I am going to use flatsides or stock carbs with one of our jet kits. I will probably use the 41 flats I have until I get the second bike done which will be a 1500 engine with even more radical internal parts.

All in all this should be a very slick bike when done and will showcase what we offer in our products.

Sean Morley

Attachments

• Rake.JPG
    Rake.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 165
  • Frame.JPG
    Frame.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 160
  • Engine.JPG
    Engine.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 196
Thanks Shawn. Heres a few pics taken later on Saturday with a friends cell phone.

Sean

Attachments

• Frame with Scoop.JPG
    Frame with Scoop.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 133
  • Frame with seat.JPG
    Frame with seat.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 138
Very Nice!!!.....I really like the two sided theme....very originail...can't wait to see it all finished.....nice work so far..

Yea, I have never seen one like it before and thought it would be an excellent way to display the 2 different kinds of chrome we offer.

I've still got to come up with a good name for the bike and I have a few I am thinking of:

Two-Face
Scitzo
Physco
Twisted Personality

any ideas out there??

I should have the engine in this weekend and the regular chrome stuff on. The black chrome will be following it shortly.

Sean

Sean,I like scitzofrenic. Are you going to run this on your dyno?I'd like to see what she pulls.Should make it easier to tune also.

I vote Two-face. Very Batman Forever.

Two_Face_onesheet.jpg

The split paint job reminded me of the Harley VR1000 when they were racing it in the AMA.

Attachments

• hna22.jpg
    hna22.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 22
I think that is the first bike I have ever seen with a split paint scheme like I decided to use. How cool (except the bike - lol).

Anyway, when I first concieved the bike I was thinking two face but I really like schizophrenic.

Hopefully I'll have you some more pics after this weekend. All the regular chrome will be in and the split chrome valve covers so we can at least stab the engine.

Later guys.
Sean

one2dmax said:
I think that is the first bike I have ever seen with a split paint scheme like I decided to use. How cool (except the bike - lol).

Anyway, when I first concieved the bike I was thinking two face but I really like schizophrenic.

Hopefully I'll have you some more pics after this weekend. All the regular chrome will be in and the split chrome valve covers so we can at least stab the engine.

Later guys.
Sean
LOL... yes I hope you knew I was referring to the paint and not the bike! Should look really unique though, as I haven't seen it on a street bike. Waiting to see the picture of the split chrome!:drool000:

More Pics with a lot more still to come. This is about 1/2 the chrome stuff.

Sean

Attachments

• P1013454.JPG
    P1013454.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 50
  • P1013455.JPG
    P1013455.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 40
  • P1013453.JPG
    P1013453.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 55
  • P1013452.JPG
    P1013452.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 38
  • P1013451.JPG
    P1013451.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 43
  • P1013450.JPG
    P1013450.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 40
  • P1013449.JPG
    P1013449.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 50
  • P1013448.JPG
    P1013448.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 61
Bike partiall assembled. Temporary forks in place.

Attachments

• P1013456.JPG
    P1013456.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 53
  • P1013457.JPG
    P1013457.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 56
  • P1013458.JPG
    P1013458.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 48
  • P1013459.JPG
    P1013459.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 73
  • P1013460.JPG
    P1013460.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 60
  • P1013461.JPG
    P1013461.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 99
  • P1013462.JPG
    P1013462.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 70
  • P1013463.JPG
    P1013463.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 67
  • P1013464.JPG
    P1013464.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 86
  • P1013465.JPG
    P1013465.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 72
Lookin Real Sweet Sean!
I'm torn between Two Faced and Skitzo.
What about... "Two Faced Skitzo"
You could get your tag as TFS-MAX
That's my 2 bits!

Tag only has 5 characters which is really limiting. My other Vmax has "2DMAX" which really fits me - LOL!

Originally I was thiniking "2FACE" but then the "SKITZ" hit me too. 2face looks better on the tag though.

Should have it running Saturday. Waiting on the wheels which should be here tomorrow. We'll get the tires mounted up and then put bearings in them and put it all together Sat. Tonight we got the rest of the covers on, put the forks together, and put the pegs on it.

We are very close though. I do plan on getting a proffessional photo shoot done and will get some really nice pics (and some adult rated only pics too).

Later,
Sean

one2dmax said:
Tag only has 5 characters which is really limiting. My other Vmax has "2DMAX" which really fits me - LOL!

Originally I was thiniking "2FACE" but then the "SKITZ" hit me too. 2face looks better on the tag though.

Should have it running Saturday. Waiting on the wheels which should be here tomorrow. We'll get the tires mounted up and then put bearings in them and put it all together Sat. Tonight we got the rest of the covers on, put the forks together, and put the pegs on it.

We are very close though. I do plan on getting a proffessional photo shoot done and will get some really nice pics (and some adult rated only pics too).

Later,
Sean
How about FUCKING NICE! .. hold on that's more than 5 letters, just write it smaller. And we definiately want to see those adult rated pictures here! :banana:

Got a together pic though not a nice one. Finally took it on it's maiden voyage (about 150 miles). Got a few bugs to work out but it at least moves under it's own power.

Sean Morley

Attachments

• get-attachment.aspx.jpg
    get-attachment.aspx.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 133
Back