Morleys Seat: 1st Thousand Mile Riding Impression

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackFunTeach

Reaction score
Howdie,
Re: Sean Morleys Mid Cut Seat

I did a lot of research. I wanted to get some miles on the seat to see how it broke in before I offered my two cents review.

Over the last few weeks, I did a few short trips and then three days of all day riding. First I have to say again that Sean is a prince of a guy. Runs a highly respected business. Total production time was three weeks shipped to my front door.

Very few seats allow for all day comfort, and Sean's allows for that type of enjoyable riding. Quality is superior, and looks very streamlined. Highly recommend this seat.

Again, shout out for Sean. You clearly run a professional company where the golden rule results in thousands of happy customers like me.

Jack

+25 for Sean. This seat has far surpassed my expectations, even as compared to bikes with seats that were heralded as comfortable (this includes aftermarket seats for a good 20 other bikes or so). Hard to beat it. Maybe impossible, plus it makes the bike look at least twice as awesome.

We're waiting for the Gen 2 version.

Come on Sean......you'll sell a bunch!

Yes, Sean is great to deal with. good to hear you like your seat. I believe there is one in my near future. Only one thing Jack, you forgot the pics. We need pics.

Can they be made more comfortable but not lowered? As it is now (stock) the seat is too low for me. I'm a tall guy over 6' and I'd rather the seat be higher- but more comfortable. Possible?

We do offer a gen 2 seat but can tell you there isn't as much to work with on it as compared to the gen 1's. Since I don't get on the "Star" site not as many know we've done them.

We offer 3 seat "cuts".
Tall which is -1"
Mid which is -2"
Full which is -3"

Most guys do the mid cut (including 6'ers) but we can do a tall cut to get a nice gain in comfort too. We can't really do much to raise the seat height and still let the flip seat function properly.

You may want to consider a Corbin though it would need redone as well to get any real comfort. Rick's Max Gasser seat may be able to accommodate your height since the mechanism that works the fuel access is different.

I'll definitely be looking to get a Morley seat. I got to admit I get a bit saddle sore after about two hours of riding. Wasn't sure if was just me needing to get back into sort of a 'riding shape' or if it was just the seat.

I'll definitely be looking to get a Morley seat. I got to admit I get a bit saddle sore after about two hours of riding. Wasn't sure if was just me needing to get back into sort of a 'riding shape' or if it was just the seat.

No, It's not you. It's the stock saddle which sucks the pipe so bad.

I can only speak on my experience. The real test of a seat is, all day comfort or no? And if anyone tells you that no seat will do this, they are wrong.

Jack

Yep...the stock seat SUCKS!!!!!

Yep...the stock seat SUCKS!!!!!

Specifically, the stock seat is very round and densely hard. The Morley Seat takes the top curve, exactly at top middle where you feel it giving you a weggie. With the new flattening effect, your weight gets distributed. Best seat!! And Sean can add or take out foam per whatever the customer wants.

My favorite bike used to be my 700c, but now I go to all my day rider , 1st gen VMAX.

Consider me sold. I'll be putting one on my Christmas wishlist. :)

We do offer a gen 2 seat but can tell you there isn't as much to work with on it as compared to the gen 1's. Since I don't get on the "Star" site not as many know we've done them.

We offer 3 seat "cuts".
Tall which is -1"
Mid which is -2"
Full which is -3"

Most guys do the mid cut (including 6'ers) but we can do a tall cut to get a nice gain in comfort too. We can't really do much to raise the seat height and still let the flip seat function properly.

You may want to consider a Corbin though it would need redone as well to get any real comfort. Rick's Max Gasser seat may be able to accommodate your height since the mechanism that works the fuel access is different.

I figured you'd already been into one.

I'm perfect with the height of the seat......but some mods to make it more comfortable is something I'd be interested in. It's OK but could be improved I think.

I'm 6' and 300+ I gave Sean that info and be build the seat for me. At first I loved the looks, by was not so sure about the feel. Well that just getting used to something because I have spent some long rides on the stock seat. I love my seat now. An all morning ride up to Travis City and night ride back the same day proved to me just how good this seat is.

I love mine (carbon and black gen 2 style), but don't get the optional tank strap. It looks way cool and hides the belt buckle chips in my tank- but don't ge it because I want to be the only one with this too cool add on.

Attachments

• bikewseat.jpg
    bikewseat.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 32
  • CAM00007#1.jpg
    CAM00007#1.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 33
I'm 6' and 300+ I gave Sean that info and be build the seat for me. At first I loved the looks, by was not so sure about the feel. Well that just getting used to something because I have spent some long rides on the stock seat. I love my seat now. An all morning ride up to Travis City and night ride back the same day proved to me just how good this seat is.

I love mine (carbon and black gen 2 style), but don't get the optional tank strap. It looks way cool and hides the belt buckle chips in my tank- but don't ge it because I want to be the only one with this too cool add on.

At first, I had a neither love it, nor hate it. Work was getting the best of me in terms of attention and hours, and just said, "very good looking." But like you say, the real test is all day or long range riding. When I went to Montreal with 475 miles per day, that's when I knew I was onto so something...here. kind of like when Scoobie says, "haauuugghhhhh." Now it's a lock, and makes the bike feel like an extension of my body.

Say CGSWSS, I wanted to ask you about a couple of things, if I may:
What is a Schwinn "comfort bike? I have a Fuji with a big jumbo seat...I don't know how some of the racing bikes can be comfy? It feels like a stick up your arse. So when people see my big jumbo 10 speed seat, I say, it ain't sporty looking, but it sure is better than getting a colonecopy.

and

Where did you get that Saint Benard Tool Bag Pouch that you have on the forks. I have been looking for one just like that one.

jack

Last edited:
Most bikes are made on one of 2 frame types. The "road race" type frame that normally has the rams horn type bars. And the "mountain bike" frame style. Both of these frames are intended for the rider to lean forward. Most "touring" bikes are normally based on the road race type frame. Most cross over or hybrid are normally based on the mountain bike frames.

The "comfort bike" is a totally different frame. It is more like the old "english" bike. The neck is higher, the top tube is shorter and the bars much higher. On this one, it has telescoping forks and spring loaded seat post.

The bag was just off e-bay about $15
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Tool-Bag-Fork-Bag-Handle-Bar-Bag-Luggage-Bag-/300723578441?pt=Apparel_Merchandise&hash=item460485a649&vxp=mtrhttp://

Attachments

• comfortbike.jpg
    comfortbike.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 14
Where did you get that Saint Benard Tool Bag Pouch that you have on the forks. I have been looking for one just like that one.

Just about any motorcycle shop or parts store (Cycle Gear, etc) will have those in stock. Very common.

Just about any motorcycle shop or parts store (Cycle Gear, etc) will have those in stock. Very common.

Thanks Don, I will look around. I know how commonly they are offered, but it's the size that is seems to be either just right for our bikes or more often not. Most of the good company's like Willy's make these big jumbo ones.

Yes, Sean is great to deal with. good to hear you like your seat. I believe there is one in my near future. Only one thing Jack, you forgot the pics. We need pics.

Hey, I just missed that reminder. I will get my snap shooter out later...but gotta take of off my cool new Kury Tail Bag. I'll shoot 'em up both. Very nice looking.

Latest posts

Back