• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

MOSFET R/R unit. -SOLD-

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
I recently upgraded my Roadstar to a Series type regulator. I had a MOSFET unit ready to go in, but decided to buy a Series unit for a great price. This left me with an extra regulator, and seeing that these things are pretty reliable, I don't have any reason to keep it. I tested it in my '85 Vmax, and it charges 14.3 volts right off idle. It doesn't get hot, and would be just the ticket for someone looking to upgrade an early Gen1 to a much more reliable regulator, that works a whole lot better than the stock - especially those who still use the stock unit that grounds through the frame.

Note, this is NOT a "Genuine Shindengen". That being said, it has all the same specs as the FH020.

Also note, the wires are not connected to the unit with the standard Furukawa connectors. These wires are securely and well soldered to the connectors, plugged in to the regulator, then the cavity was filled with epoxy. The whole thing was capped off with silicone - this is as waterproof as you can get. You can't unplug the wires, but this thing should last you years.

I'll include 3 Posi Lock connectors to connect the AC wires to the stator, There are eyelets soldered to the output wires for direct hookup to the battery, running through a waterproof Delco fuse holder, with a new 30A fuse installed.

This is set up for mounting under the seat - I have COPS, and the ignition coils are gone - the regulator is set to go there. It wouldn't be a huge job to lengthen any of the wires to install the unit elsewhere. The 3 white wires are about a foot long.

$30.00 shipped in a priority mail box.

Below is a pic of the unit..

Attachments

• 100_1256.jpg
    100_1256.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 45
Re: MOSFET R/R unit.

Hello, I might be interested in buying this for my '06 vmax. How hard is it to install this? I'm also getting ready to install COPS on my vmax, so I'll have that space available under the seat.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Lengthen the 3 wires from the stator to reach under the seat. Solder or posi lock connectors. I would cut the original 3 prong plug out, it's a trouble spot. Mount the unit where the coils were. I used zip ties. Connect the 3 wires in any order. Use the posi locks. Run the 2 wires to battery, red to positive. You're done..

Gonna stick this on EBay - Last chance here... $22.00/shipped.

Back