Most likely selling my 2015 Vmax in Spring

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
I bought it in April last year, I doubt I even put 50 miles on it.

Anyone interested before Spring contact me. it has under 2070 miles on it in, perfect contrition. $14,500 OBO

What mods have been done to it?

Extras include:
All weather cover
Rear wheel stand and a set of front and back I bought
Back rest with luggage rack
Monster Big Air intake system
Vance & Hines performance exhaust
Custom ECU reflash
Boulevard windscreen
tires are 50% but I bought a new back and front waiting to be installed when I need to.

Extras include:
All weather cover
Rear wheel stand and a set of front and back I bought
Back rest with luggage rack
Monster Big Air intake system
Vance & Hines performance exhaust
Custom ECU reflash
Boulevard windscreen
tires are 50% but I bought a new back and front waiting to be installed when I need to.

After all the trouble you had getting the title I'm sorry to hear you're sell your MAX. Hope all is well. GLWS.

Doug

After all the trouble you had getting the title I'm sorry to hear you're sell your MAX. Hope all is well. GLWS.

Doug

Thanks Doug, all it fine. Sometimes you just have to make a move before another year passes and you end up losing more money. I almost put it for sale in June then I didn't I won't be surprised in the spring if someone is riding a beautiful powerful bike. Just knowing what my Max has in it, and the little I did ride it I felt it. I also wouldn't be surprised if I am the one riding it.

My mind changes weekly, we'll see what happens.

Thanks again for your concern but trust me it is just one of those things, I just turned 60 and is the Vmax the right bike for me,.....lol in the 15 miles or so I rode it I hit 150+ a few times on my favorite road. So my Brain is making me question myself that is all that is going on and maybe this monster should be under someone else???

Lots of guys have sold their vmaxs because they were afraid , still more just got parked to never be ridden again , that's a shame,GLWS .

Lots of guys have sold their vmaxs because they were afraid , still more just got parked to never be ridden again , that's a shame,GLWS .

I see your point, In my case it isn't afraid it is just unsure as I get older. I've owned 7 Gen 1's and this gen 2 I'll get on it and ride it anyway so I wouldn't say I am afraid but I do question my way I enjoy riding Vmax's and at my age should I be. I should have thought about this before buying it but I didn't so I guess I will have to deal with it now.

Like I said in a earlier posy I may very well be riding it next summer but won't be surprised if I sell it. I guess it's afraid or unsure they could mean the same.

I don't see how anyone could be surprised by this, some riders just shouldn't be on a VMAX, period. End of discussion. :bang head:

I don't see how anyone could be surprised by this, some riders just shouldn't be on a VMAX, period. End of discussion. :bang head:
I agree with your point, however there is that case where someone like myself who has owned 8 Vmax's since they first came out. So most my adult life I have been riding gen 1 Vmax's and I just bought this Gen 2 last April and for different reasons I didn't rider it much at all.

So do I think I belong on a Vmax, most my life I have so hell yea! on the other side I just turned 60 so you have to keep in mind a 60 year old should ride any bike differently than he would as a 20 or 30 year old.

In my case with my age and 2 years of surgeries for shoulder and knee issues and my age I tended to heal slower. When you don't use muscles for a while then jump on a new gen 2 in my case I have to make sure I am thinking like a 60 year old not a 30 year old.

It's come down to a self evaluation of myself. Then right after buying it I bought a motorcycle dolly to be able to move the bike around better and put it in close areas in a single car garage and the dolly malfunctioned and the bike started to slide and I had to fight it to keep it up but finally I had to slowly allow it to lay on the side, I also injured my knee again.

So this winter I will do my exercises and build my strength back up and see how things are in the spring. So it isn't I don't belong on a Vmax but I may have reach a time where I was unsure of myself for the first time ever on a Vmax.

So like I said in the spring I won't be surprised if someone else is riding my Vmax nor will I be surprised if I am right back on it.
I'm just have times that I am questioning myself and I want to make sure I am at 100% when on a Vmax.

So do I belong on a Vmax, hell yes Have had one since 1986 but am I still in the shape to be able to handle one in all conditions, that is where I was unsure of myself and then thought about selling it.

So we'll see in the spring, you'll all be getting some great GoPro videos from me on my Vmax Or someone else might own it only time and attitude will tell.

GLWS Eagle...if you decide to let it go. If not, I hope you enjoy it in the Spring! :thumbs up:

Thanks for the kind words. I hope come next spring I am in the right place and I do what is best for me.

I know if I decided to keep it and ever need some help I feel confident that there are many good people in this forum to step up and help with whatever I may need or other members in the forum may need. I know that we can forget the past, everywhere you go different opinions or views can force some people to bang heads. By no means am I considering selling my Vmax because I had some issues with a few members that carried over from the other forum. I accept the blame for my part and hold no grudges again anyone if fact I hope to someday again be friends with the same ones I had differences with.

One thing I Vmax owner have to realize is without a good forum like both the Vmax forums a Vmax owner is on their own, some dealerships don't even know what a Vmax is or know how to work on them. So once again these forums are important and should be said once in a while.

Like I have said I just hope I am in a place, mentally,physically able to still be the owner of my Vmax. There are some personal issues I won't go into except to say after paying cash for my 2015 Vmax my wife had a help scare so with that and everything else involved I have to be OK with it all to keep it. The good side is most who might be interested will try to get the bike for much less than it is worth, I won't sell it for a penny under $14,500 so that in itself may end up being the thing that makes me not sell it.

Thanks again for the kind words I said a whole lot more than I planed but you caught me at the right time to share my feelings.
Ron

I'm a fan of going with your gut feeling, I think it's often the best factor for decision making. What will you replace it with?

Nothing !! I owned 2 Kawasaki's before I bought my first Vmax in 1986 then I bought 6 other Brand new Gen 1's throughout the years.

I've only owned the 7 Gen 1's. Now the 2015 Gen 2 so in 30 years I have owned 8 Yamaha Vmax's, if I sell this one ,I will never buy another motorcycle, as you can see I am kind of partial to them.

Best of luck nobody knows what's best for you .Only you know.

Thanks for the support, who knows by next spring I might be right back on it. Only time and me will know if that is going to happen.

Join some of us at some rally's you'll change your mind about selling just see other bikes and fellow riders makes a big difference in the mind and the soul !! Good luck with whatever you do .. :punk:

Join some of us at some rally's you'll change your mind about selling just see other bikes and fellow riders makes a big difference in the mind and the soul !! Good luck with whatever you do .. :punk:
Trust me I know how fun it is to own one, I've owned 8 over the years. Unfortunately where I live there isn't a Vmax within 250 miles and has never been to the best of my knowledge. Rallies are never close enough for it to be fun for me, Sturgis is the closest but I'd never go there on a Vmax.

Like I have said several times I wouldn't be surprised if I am riding it next summer. It will go up for sale for $14,500 in the spring and if it doesn't sell for that price it won't sell. So there are more odds that I will still own it.

Only the spring time and my attitude will be the answer if it stays my VMAX or someone else owns it.

UPDATE:
After several days thinking about selling my 2015 VMAX in the spring, I have decided to not sell it. I was thinking I'd be taking a big loss because It cost me so much to drive across North Dakota and though a third of Montana in a rented U-Haul pickup and trailer to pick it up.

Also the new accessories I bought, new helmet, new leather jacket and several other accessories, So it would be nuts to sell it because I could never get all my cost back never mind getting what I would have asked for a price.

I thought about the original post when I told the forum I would most likely sell my 2015 VMAX in the spring. I said I would be crazy to sell it, I own it with a clear title no lien on it. So I will not be selling my VMAX.

If anyone in the Fargo ND area has or plans to buy a VMAX let me know I'd like another VMAX to ride with...
:eusa_dance::punk:

Last edited:
Good luck with your latest decision. I am a little on the wishy washy side myself when it comes to bikes. I have only been riding 10 years, and am on my 13th bike. I have owned everything from 600cc sport bikes, to a zx14, to sport touring bikes, to Muscle cruisers (M109R), to finally 2 can am spdyers. I currently have a 2014 spyder RT for the wife and I to take longer trips on, and a 2012 RSS that I picked up to ride solo and hit the twisties with. This fall, I went to the spyder rally, and did my fastest time yet on the Dragon following 3 sport bikes. At the end of the run, they agreed that, even though we were held up 3 times by slower bikes, that they were surprised and how fast this could be. I decided I wanted something a little faster and picked up the RSS. Now, after owning all the other bikes, I must say that under 110 mph, there is no better feeling than riding this thing. I might (probably will) pick up another 2 wheeler, but at my age and confidence level, this is the scoot for me.
Good luck in whatever you decide.

Attachments

• 782863.jpg
    782863.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 00u0u_6YvpJHxlmz5_1200x900.jpg
    00u0u_6YvpJHxlmz5_1200x900.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 32
Back