Mother in law in trouble at school.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Well my mother in law, who is about the kindest person you would meet, work at the high school library in Arizona. Once a month they have a special kids club in the morning and close the library to everyone but this group of 100 so kids.

So every time this happens she has to stand "watch" over the doors and only let the club kids in. Well a little while ago on that day, a girl wanted to use the library. Trouble maker kid always making a scene and causing headaches in the classrooms. She says she wants in. My mother says sorry but its closed. The girl starts yelling at her, she has to get in. She sneaked in already early. ( Seriously why would you say that ? that would really want me to let you in ). So she is yelling profanities at my mother in law, people start to look and see whats going on. The girl then attempts to enter the library, to which my mother in law puts her hand on the girls shoulder and tells her no she isn't allowed in there. So the girl starts yelling more profanities at my mother in law and now people start to come over to see whats going on. About a min has passed and the girl starts yelling, stop hurting me / pushing me, I can't believe you hit me ( something to this nature ). There are 5 people standing there witnessing this. They had to call security to remove the girl. She got suspended for insubordination. She went home and told her parents that my mother in law was attacking her......

You can guess where this is going. 5 Witnesses to back up my mother in law, 4 students and another teacher. Unfortunately there is no camera in that area that would have been the icing on the cake. The principle talked to the girl and told her, its your senior year, you have to deal with my mother in law one more time to turn her books in. The girl has a fit, he tells her if you don't turn your books in you wont graduate. The girl goes home and tells her parents now my mother in law is trying to make her not graduate......

Seriously! WTF people. 5 witnesses. A proven written history of problems with the kid and the parents are now filing reports against my mother in law trying to get her fired!

I am not sure if the school will have her back on this or not. I usually see school puss out and fire the person even if they are correct, just to make the parents happy and to make the situation easier.

Whats wrong with the world today. You raise an asshole kid ( because your probably an asshole too ) and then complain and complain till people get sick of your crap and let you do whatever you want?

I sit back some days and just wonder....

This is what happens when you replace common sense with entitlement and lawyers.:damn angry: All the best to your mother in law.

Unfortunately, you have to take the higher road. No hands-on the student. School policy probably has a statement to that effect. Even the school security has to go thru a lot of training about how to deal w/an aggressive student, and how-to restrain someone, should that be necessary, hospitals have similar rules and training.

Bottom-line, is it worth-it to jeopardize your career because of an aggressive student? No. Tell them they cannot enter, and if the student begins to escalate, call security immediately. Do not use your hands/legs, except to be defensive if someone attacks you. Also, in this day, everyone has a smartphone handy, time for a video of the student. Even if there is only an audible recording because the staff member has to keep her hands free, that would help to document what is occurring.

Schools in south FL have a police officer on-campus. Let them handle the acting-out student. I don't know what access there is to the library, I think closing and locking the door(s) would be the thing to do if that is possible, w/the student on the outside. If the student gains access because the entrance cannot be secured, call security, most schools have some sort of a panic button for the teacher.

Having worked as a public high school science teacher, I am very familiar w/what behaviors can occur. Also, there is what can happen on the outside, once you leave the building. The school-assigned police officer pointed out to me all the students who were wearing anklet monitoring devices because of their criminal history. Do you think someone who is a teen felon cares about where they are when they assault you, and by what means? It just gives them 'street-cred' if they attack you wherever you may be. If your m-I-l doesn't have one, I'd get a locking gas cap. I had colleagues whose cars were trashed by students, including contaminants in the gas tank, and sour milk poured into the windshield air plenum, besides the ever-popular defacing of the paint.

The administration sets the tone for the school, and that's the principal. If he/she isn't willing to stand-behind the staff, perhaps it's time to look for a transfer.

If its just her and her parents and they are known trouble makers I'm sure it'll turn out fine.
I hate this kind of crap.

My Mom, who is 80, still works full
time (No shit I'm serious) in my home town high school and has for 57 years except for a 4 year break to have us kids.
She went from Science Teacher to Guidance counselor, then ran the OCS program, and now runs the Library in the last few years cause she's kinda "tired" but they like her and want to keep her.

I've heard similar stories by the hundreds.

Time Wounds All Heels.

Little shits like that kid will get theirs eventually.

Remember the good old days when the teacher disciplined the kid, then the parents disciplined them 2x as much after talking to the teacher. Respect for adults/authority is in a very limited supply.:bang head:

School has a policy that you can physically remove an insubordinate student. So she ok on those grounds. Security was called, but it took them a few minutes to get there.

This a great example why police departments go broke. What i do now is dial 911 on phone and let them know that they can take my edvice and walk away now or will push this button and a police officer can tell you whats up. Choice is yours. I havent pushed the button yet but i can just imagen how many dumb calls are sent. Maybe a 922 text line could be maid up for a warning on dumb ass shit. The way i see it today is your best bet is to give a small warning and if that dont work push the button and walk to safty and let them do the job. We all know its a different world today and if you dont watch your ass it will be handed to you for the dumbest reason's.

Wow I hope everything works out, Man when I was school and cut up. I got beat with a paddle buy the teacher.

I hope that it goes well for your MIL. Unfortunately its how this girl was raised....the squeeky wheel gets the grease, and that ever present "entitlement" mentality.

All I can say to the girl...karma is a bitch, and be careful what you wish for...you just might get it.

Anyone in the market for a useless...........er uh, I mean, only slightly used mother-in-law - I have one I'd gladly.........er uh, I mean, reluctantly part with absolutely free of charge. I'd even throw in the shipping and handling. Could get her in a crate and shipped as early as next Monday, good Lord willing & the batteries in the cattle prod are still good.

Meantime, Todd, I hope your MIL gets her troubles sorted out in her favor, and the little brat gets some much needed time off from school attendance.

We used to carry pocket knives when we were in grammer school,We all knew not to be stupid.So sorry about your mom in law,Things have changed and not for the better.Bless her and all the ones like her.

Anyone in the market for a useless...........er uh, I mean, only slightly used mother-in-law - I have one I'd gladly.........er uh, I mean, reluctantly part with absolutely free of charge. I'd even throw in the shipping and handling. Could get her in a crate and shipped as early as next Monday, good Lord willing & the batteries in the cattle prod are still good.

Meantime, Todd, I hope your MIL gets her troubles sorted out in her favor, and the little brat gets some much needed time off from school attendance.

LOL! :rofl_200:

Well I guess things went good. School backed her up. She told the girls parents she apologized but told her she couldn't get in the library. The dad said what you aplogized? The dad looked at the girl and then to the principle and said I don't time for this I have to be at work. He got up and told them do what you have to do. I am tired of this......

So all is good.

Back